Weak air conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyndon Taman

Reaction score
Also, nothing is leaking anywhere, coolant never fluctuates, truck never overheats... just the rad fan is retarded.

2012EL3RDGEN

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the responses guys. The interior is light tan. I got ahold of some gauges and was able to check things out.

The ambient temp was about 100. The static pressures were about equal at 120. Then when started with the AC on max the low side was 47 and the high side 215. After running for about 5 minutes the low side was 50 and the high side was 250. From what i can tell by looking at the chart i was referred to the high side is a bit too low? and the low side a bit too high?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not exactly true. You can be under charged but as long as your above a 32° evap temp it wont freeze.
When liquid refrigerant is fed into starving evaporator it will instantly flash to a vapor and quickly lower the coil temperature. Evaporator will start to freeze up but airflow will remain thru portion of coil not froze up yet. Exactly the OP problem. Be at this for 39 years.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I somewhat understand how ac systems work, but these seam to suck! I had the same experience with a 2005 Kia mini van. The service tech would always say it's fine, you have a lot of cabin area to cool, blah blah blah. Well I traded that van in when the family grew for a same year Chevy Suburban. Both vehicles had black exteriors, and the old Suburban still chills better than this newer Expedition. And the Suburban's cabin space has to be larger, or at least sure seams like it.