Weathertech Mats

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by BlackEL2011, Jan 15, 2012.

1. eddiemoney

eddiemoney Full Access Members

I hated trimming the third row, even complained to weather tech...they seemed to think that was normal..and it wasn't in there records that was neccesary

2. tojohnso

tojohnso Full Access Members

Being stupid, I bought the Ford all weather mats when I purchased my 2013 Escape since I had not purchased a new car for quite some time. I mistakenly thought that the manufacturers got smart and would provide mats that actually protected all the carpet your feet would come in to contact with. Was I wrong? Oh yeah. Too excited to think otherwise at purchase time.

Fast forward two/three months when I came across a 2011 Expedition EL at such a deal, I had to buy it. Weird how the previous owner had Edge all weather mats in a different color than what was needed. Had to do something about it. So, considering my previous experience with the Escape, I decided not to mess around and go with the Weathertech laser cut for all seating areas. WOW, everything I thought they would be and more. They really fit well and protected a lot. I was so impressed, I immediately bought the set for the Escape as well.

Installation was real easy for the front - hard to mess that up. But, I was a little confused at first which mat was for the 2nd row and which was for the 3rd row. Then, where to trim. But, I figured it out and now I feel like the carpet is protected.

The only issue I see with the mats is at the doors for the 2nd row. With both the 2nd row and 3rd row mats installed, there is about a 6" x 4" section of carpet at the door that isn't covered. I'd prefer it to be more like the front mats with the ability to sweep the dirt out the door. Kids have an awesome way of figuring out how to dirty up carpet.

3. z168

z168 Full Access Members

Thread resurrected!

Im narrowing my choices between the Weathertech FloorLiner or the All-weather Floor Mat.

FloorLiner
    [​IMG]

Floor Mat
    [​IMG]

The Floorliner looks fit but also looks plasticky. On the other hand the Floormat needs to be cut which concerns me regarding true fitment. Although for the price of the floorliner I can get the floormat including the 3rd row

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  4. brilis

brilis Full Access Members

I have an 05 EB with bucket second row. I purchase the digital Husky liners. Love em. They cover every inch of space and fit like a glove. I have 2 front, 1 piece second row and 1 piece third row, then both sizes for the cargo. One for the seats up and one for down hah.

5. Summers22

Summers22 Full Access Members

I have them in my F150 and love them

6. Borin

Borin Member

I was just wondering if yours had this raised area as well, weathertech is telling me I need to cut this area out if I don't have the center console, however, this would leave an area of carpet exposed.

7. brick

brick Full Access Members

And your name is "Matt" ???

8. brick

brick Full Access Members

I have the Ford factory heavy rubber mats for first and second rows. WeatherTech third row floor mat, WeatherTechfor large cargo mat for when third row is folded down, and a small WeatherTech Matt that fits behind the third row when it is up.
    brick

9. Axle Folly

Axle Folly Member

I second the pain for having to cut my brand new digital form-fit mats to accommodate movement of my centerslide bench.

Also, the driver and passenger mats don't stay put as tightly as I would like. However, I haven't tripped on them, so am tolerating them.