Weigh Safe WDH -- Anybody use it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking at a WDH recently and keep coming across the Weigh Safe. Without actually measuring it at the scales and just adding up the weights of what I have in my camper and around the tongue, I might be at about 550 pounds which is close to the 600 pound recommendation from Ford to use a WDH. Also, my new Timberline has much softer springs than my 2019 Limited Stealth with CCD did on the same setup and I see a lot more squat.

The Weigh Safe tells you your tongue weight right on the hitch and easily adjusts the weight distribution through the turn of a single screw.

I know it is pricey compared to others such as Blue Ox and Equalizer. However, it is less than the ProPride (which is way overkill for any towing I ever plan on doing).

Anyone try it? Thoughts? Comments?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks really similar to the equalizer hitch, which is a great hitch in my opinion. The cost isn't that much more than the equalizer but I think the scale portion of it is a little gimicky. I think if you were using this hitch on a couple trailers the ease of adjustment would be nice but if you are using it for one trailer probably not. In my experience, I have my hitch setup for when my trailer is at its heaviest point. If I happen to be pulling my trailer dry or empty I don't notice any ill effects from the wdh due to the lower weight.

It does look to me like setup of the weigh safe is pretty easy. I know it took me hours to get mine setup correctly and maybe that would have been minutes with this hitch. If I ever buy a new trailer I would seriously consider this one due to the ease of setup.

What is interesting, is that both Equalizer and weigh safe are utah companies and their places are pretty darn close to each other. The True tow is using a lot of stuff that is worded very similar to equalizer, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some cross over or sharing of manufacturing or something.

ediddily

Reaction score
Look like a sales gimmick. Any wdh will work so long as you get the appropriate weight rating capacity. Personally I went with reese flat spring bar. So far so good. Two trips to Idaho now, several thousand miles worth in total, no issues whatsoever. My advice, is take the dry tongue weight rating of the trailer, add a few hundred pounds and thats a good starting guide for purchasing the properly rated WDH