Weight Distribution Change and Bad ccd struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jrparne

Jrparne

Reaction score
Next weekend we will be making the jitch new adjustments. Thank you for all of the replies!

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Friend has a 2019 and hauls a ton of stuff and had to replace his rear struts at 48,000 miles. He noticed it driving different and was light in front.

OP
OP
Jrparne

Jrparne

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! We have quite a bit of towing under our belt and it seems weird the last couple trips. Check hitch on expy and it all seems in order. No bends or cracks. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t changed angle but no way I can check that. I put a regular hitch on and it looks normal. We have the extended Warrenty so ford might just need to do some investigating.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! We have quite a bit of towing under our belt and it seems weird the last couple trips. Check hitch on expy and it all seems in order. No bends or cracks. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t changed angle but no way I can check that. I put a regular hitch on and it looks normal. We have the extended Warrenty so ford might just need to do some investigating.
Just wanted to follow up and see if the root cause was identified.

OP
OP
Jrparne

Jrparne

Reaction score
Not yet. I am picking up the trailer next week so I’ll be making new adjustments. I’ll let you know.

OP
OP
Jrparne

Jrparne

Reaction score
*update*. Couldn’t find anything wrong with vehicle. I did change weight distribution head angle and bracket height. With the changes rescaled and back to good wd heights. Just very interesting, since I have all of my weighs(10 so far). And height adjustments on a spreadsheet I am back to what I consider good weight distribution . These are nearly identical numbers to when I set it up a year ago. Don’t know if things have shifted or loosened over time but I did have to make a weight distribution change to get back to spec.