Well folks it has been fun you all have taught me a lot. Thanks!! I bought a Tundra!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expedition has been fun but now that we got my wife her Suburban I don’t need a 3 row SUV anymore and I wanted a truck.
I was tired of constantly jacking with the suspension to get it where I wanted (still had not made it there) and was going to have to custom build some sliders and modify an F150 Bumper for a winch.
If I had more time they would have been alright projects but my time is quite limited and I just want to bolt on some parts and run some trails.
And had zero desire to spend 4.5K on the ICON setup.

So I traded to a 2014 Tundra Limited with the same miles my 2016 Expedition had.
Plans at the moment are Fox 2.5s up front and 2.0s out back. Just leveling the front and no lift in the back. Going to run the 33” Wildpeaks I pulled of the Expedition. Will do RCI Skid plates and likely Slee sliders.
The limited has 20” wheels on it so I think I’ll pick up a set of 200 Series Land Cruiser 18” wheels to slap the Falkens on.
I am intrigued by Ironman 4x4s foamcell shock technology. It seems to have quite the following in Australia where it originated and is picking up a little steam here in the states for the Land Cruisers. So I am researching it a bit more as it is supposed to have better road manners but still plenty of off-road performance.

As for the Expedition I pulled the Fox 2.0s and BDS arms and put it back to factory and traded it.

If you’re near central KY and want a good deal on a set of Fox 2.0s (they need to be adjusted down about 1.5” since they are F150 spec’d) and and an RCI skid plate just let me know. Already sold the UCAs.

Thanks much for all I learned from you folks while I had the Expedition!!

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck.

Im selling mine too for a 32ft motorhome

Tired of living in the semi

Truckster

Reaction score
I definitely understand the frustration with suspension options! I’ve actually been studying a lot of your posts for ideas on what to do with my suspension, so thanks.

I’ll PM you about the coil overs and skid if you are willing to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Black , sad to see you go, you’ve been super helpful through all your projects. If you don’t continue to peruse the forum, have a great life!