Well, it’s happening again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you need one mechanic that knows what the hell he's talking about. Letting these Transmissions go over 100k with the same fluid is what kills them. True it's harder to change all the long life fluid, but it's worth it. Especially if your stressing the trans with towing. It always kills me how many multi car mechanics, pretend to be experts on all cars. When I worked as a mobile mechanic years back, I was always learning. Every car/truck has some different way of doing the same repair. It would be like me doing a timing chain on say a small block Mustang 5.0, vs doing one on our expeditions. Same goes for transmission service. My 4r100 in my Suv, has 2 drain plugs, one for pan, one little one for torque converter. The newer 6 speeds have neither. But, fluid can still be drained, all 12 quarts or so. Just takes a bit more ingenuity. And a big ass cement mixing pan, so you don't make a mess.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk