Wet floor under 3rd row seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So...we have had some torrential rain the past couple of days. Today, while there’s a break, I decided to get in the driver’s side 2nd row seat to go through some junk I kept stacking back there. Well, when I got to the floor...the carpet’s wet. It seems to be wet on the passenger side, back towards the rear(mostly)...just not sure how far back it goes. Any ideas on where it can be coming from? I’m stumped! Thanks!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So...we have had some torrential rain the past couple of days. Today, while there’s a break, I decided to get in the driver’s side 2nd row seat to go through some junk I kept stacking back there. Well, when I got to the floor...the carpet’s wet. It seems to be wet on the passenger side, back towards the rear(mostly)...just not sure how far back it goes. Any ideas on where it can be coming from? I’m stumped! Thanks!

Year, make, model may be helpful.

I’d suspect one or both of the third-row window seals, and/or the rear hatch seals.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do apologize for not posting that info. It’s an ‘04 Expy EB 4x4. If it is the seals, are they easy to fix?

I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4 x 4 - but no leaks. I’ve had several friends that had leaks from the rear, tilt-out windows, during heavy rains.

I do not know how hard it is to change the seals. You may have to use a garden hose and flood the windows and rear hatch area with water, while someone watches inside for water leaks.

Each Fall (I live in the Midwest with cold winters), I use silicone dielectric grease on the vehicle weatherstrips to keep them pliable. I do the rear tilt-out window seals, but it is hard to get the weatherstrips near the hinge area.

OP
OP
Procrastinator
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4 x 4 - but no leaks. I’ve had several friends that had leaks from the rear, tilt-out windows, during heavy rains.

I do not know how hard it is to change the seals. You may have to use a garden hose and flood the windows and rear hatch area with water, while someone watches inside for water leaks.

Each Fall (I live in the Midwest with cold winters), I use silicone dielectric grease on the vehicle weatherstrips to keep them pliable. I do the rear tilt-out window seals, but it is hard to get the weatherstrips near the hinge area.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely try that with the water hose. I just bought this EB earlier this year and keep forgetting about the rear windows can pop open. The silicone dielectric grease is a great idea too!