1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s with these nutso’s merging?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JExpedition07, Feb 21, 2020.

1. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Marinized Member Supporting Member

Today a new Nissan Armada severely cut off the car in front of me (little Ford EcoSport) and then proceeded to almost flip his truck. Then he started veering in and out of traffic and kicking up dirt to try and catch the guy he cut off before....(he had a little girl in his Armada mind you). When I passed him later after I flipped him off he had his wife and daughter in the car.....talk about f*cked up. He could have killed himself, his daughter, his wife, and the other driver. Crazy sh*t holy cow. I gave him a nice crisp middle finger to let him know he was an asshole right in front of his wife....nothing like an Expedition or Suburban owner to put little import boy in his place :D.

Seems like a lot of people are getting a little too enraged for merging and letting people merge...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Trainmaster and 762mm like this.
  2. 762mm

762mm Full Access Members

I never let assh*les cut me off, but will gladly let in someone who was already ahead (in another lane) or waited their turn to merge.

A dash cam is handy to prove who's at fault, should the assh*le actually make contact with my truck. Never happened though, they all chicken out in the end with their flashy metrosexual douchebag mobiles. They might end up pit-maneuvered if they actually do... oops! :eek:

The worst douche assh*les on the road seem to prefer driving Audi, Tesla and Bmw.... in that order. Mercedes drivers are just f**king clueless most of the time, always having that surprised stupid grin when they cut someone off... as if they didn't know.

But after all, buying a grossly overpriced POS import that will fall apart as soon as the warranty is up is not indicative of a high IQ, so I kind of understand their mental handicap in everyday life... including driving.

(sorry for the un-parliamentary language, your story sparked some road PTSD, hahaha!)

:D

3. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

WOW! In upstate? Gee, that guy wouldn't make it 5 minutes in PG Co South of DC w/o losing his sh*t! LOL

That is some scary stuff with a truck that big!

I think that folks get so wrapped up in themselves and what THEY are trying to accomplish that they forget the very real and horrible consequences those actions can cause. No one wants to hurt a kid but they lose focus.

Chill out, relax, turn on the music and let them go......if you drove as much as I do(96mi rnd trp) each day among some of the least bothered driver, you learn to chill or you'd go insane. The fav PG co maneuver is the "Left turn at the light, from the right lane...doesn't matter there's 3 lanes to cross" at the light at Pointer Ridge road from Rt 301 North. Nuts! They go 25mph in a 55, while on the phone....all w/o a care in the world.

Years ago, I raced and got paid to ride with showup and finishing money. I do not get paid to drive today, I don't need to drive like I do. I have to repeat that to myself often on some days.

jeff

4. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Marinized Member Supporting Member

It really seemed he was trying to run the EcoSport off the road. My jaw dropped as this went on lol, he was totally in the wrong then proceeded to chase him. I hung back until they got it out of their system.... That Armada did endanger us cars behind the little EcoSport since he came out of nowhere cutting the guy off. We all had to slam on our brakes. I don’t know that I’ve seen anyone get that crazy on the interstate before lol. I always hang back now. After my last accident with the drunk driver that could have need avoided had I hung back further (he slammed on brakes and came to immediate stop for some reason....literally was no deer or anything) then he drove away. Lesson learned there.