What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took her through the wash and vacuumed the inside. Man was it getting dirty.....can’t stand driving a vehicle thats not organized and clean

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cleaned the interior today. Picked up a Dyson V7 on clearance several weeks ago and am pretty pleased with it as a vehicle vac.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
We stand by Kroil. The railroad and power generating company here used it too. Spray and patience. Hammer. And sometimes heat and a drill. And easy-outs. And nut grabbers.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Hmmm I think my fuel pump is on it's way out, when the tank is less than 1/8 full it'll randomly cut out mid acceleration... for a split second it loses all power, I've been noticing this for a year now. Never does this when I have 1/4 tank or more

Either that of the tank itself is full of crud and sludge and the pump chokes on it trying to suck it up

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Might be sucking a little air too...
That too, but wouldn't sucking in air cause a CEL to at least store a pending misfire or an evap code?
But even then I never plugged in the scanner after it has a hiccup so I wouldn't know

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't Don Hall the guy from Santa Cruz have the same problem. Had to keep his tank above 1/4 tank. We had that problem with fuel injected Harley's back in 04/05. The hoses in the tank wore pin holes in them from moving around. We had to replace both hoses, usually I'd let Dudley Perkins do this under warranty. The ones in our tank deterioriate and cause same problems, they start sucking air, and stumble or die completely. Well Henry, you got 2 choices, keep the tank above 1/2, or let it run down to a 1/4 or less, drop it down, pop in a new Ford pump. $280.00 last time I checked Rock Auto.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Friday I popped on a new Alternator on my trusty 2000 Eddie. Got it from Oreillys around corner from me. 19 years on original, not bad! We checked on his tester, and found actually only the voltage regulator was bad. Didn't want to take a chance on that fixing it as I don't have back up Transportation. I'm sure a diode would probably go out within a year. Got a brand new one, not reman, for $190.00 lifetime warranty. Glad O'Reilly is finally carrying new stuff these days. When I worked for them back in the mid 90's, their products were not that good. A lot of warranty of products. Keep you guys posted as to longevity. Oh yeah, who ever gave the tip of taping the serpentine belt around the pulley of power steering, thanks, worked great.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk