What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Warming it up now, its gonna be the first time I drive it in well over a month since I last touched it. Surprised it even started too figured the battery would be dead sitting that long
Expected a dead battery after a month? I've had cars/trucks/motorcycles sit for over 3 and start right up. I use Interstate batteries...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Expected a dead battery after a month? I've had cars/trucks/motorcycles sit for over 3 and start right up. I use Interstate batteries...

I use interstate battery as well but 30 degree weather for a month does put its toll on a battery

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use interstate battery as well but 30 degree weather for a month does put its toll on a battery
True....I live in Virginia and the air temps are only that low for a couple months a year.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Last night we had a blizzard, by me around 8" of snow fell, followed by freezing rain to ice up all the snow followed by 50 mile an hour wind for the remainder of the night, I had to take an emergency call for work in the middle of the storm last night but took my expedition instead cause that 4x4 is hella sweet in the snow! Anyways I took the day off due to my work van was stuck In its parking spot and the roads weren't shoveled yet, spent the day shoveling, used the expy to pull my stuck van out and my wifes minivan and all around helping neighbors then took my expy and work van and got them all washed & looking all spikitty clean!

20181126_194305.jpg

20181126_194205.jpg

Last edited:

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Habbibie a fellow who recently started at our company, has the almost exact same Expedition.

As far as what I did today...tried not to blow it up. Changed oil and filter in an effort to rule out oil degradation.
Made zero difference, dropped it off at nearby dealership, for diagnosis.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Haha I knew this would happen, figured if I washed the expedition one of the doors will freeze shut but I didn't think all of them would, trunk too and the locking mechanism wont realise either, they're frozen shut and apparently frozen locked too,

sprayed brake cleaner inside the driver's door lock cylinder and finally I got the key to turn and unlock the door but its frozen shut and I gave up trying after that.... I will attempt to open the door tomorrow.

Ugh I just realized that the windows are going to be welded shut too..... damn it!!!

Plati

Reaction score
Made some steps for my 94 year old Mother to climb up into my 2014EL. Modular -- 2 parts, so easier to transport & setup.
The 2 parts nest together to take up less space and lighter to move.
IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

Good thing it isnt lifted !!

Last edited: