What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turned 200k this week. Still runs great!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Made some steps for my 94 year old Mother to climb up into my 2014EL. Modular -- 2 parts, so easier to transport & setup.
The 2 parts nest together to take up less space and lighter to move.
View attachment 27838

View attachment 27839

Good thing it isnt lifted !!
Nice design, are you adding any friction tape to it or leaving it semi smooth as is?

Plati

Reaction score
Nice design, are you adding any friction tape to it or leaving it semi smooth as is?
Good point about the friction tape. I thought about how slick that lumber could be so I gouged it with my wood carving tools but that was not real effective. I'm definitely going to add some grip now. The Depot has a bunch of products for that, thank you.

I realized it was a bit tippy, the way the bottom rails were inset from the perimeter so I redesigned and rebuilt it this morning to make it more stable. I also added a shim so it fits under the running board a bit (tightly). That stabilizes it a lot. I also built in a couple notches with wood inserts so nothing can slide in any direction. Only the best for Mom.

This pic is actually version 3. I always seem to have to tear things apart and rebuild them after I'm done. Thats why I always use screws. Cant seem to design it in my head too well.

VXUG1663.JPG

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
So for the past couple weeks I've noticed every time I go to start my expedition I have a low air pressure alert on passenger rear tire, it didn't look low so I ignored it for the mean time but eventually it became annoying seeing the light on the dash constantly.

I scoped it out and eyeing it I saw a dry wall screw stabbed in it so I pulled it and plugged the tire, then tested with water soap mix and I wasnt getting a leak anymore, refilled the air and parked it for another week, then yesterday I started it up and lord behold low air pressure on passenger rear, I went and scoped it out again Found another NAIL this time, plugged it and refilled it but this time i soaked the entire tire with soap water mix and the two plugs are holding but the damn valve stem is leaking

I swear theres no winning with this truck...ever!

Plati

Reaction score
Drove it south on the Blue Star Memorial Highway in North Carolina I77. Seemed like an appropriate day for that, if you get my drift.
1205181400.jpg

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got around to flushing my mount up. Painted the wood black and looks much better.
I ordered a 4” micro usb cable to get rid of some of the wire clutter underneath. Probably could use a 2” but 4” was the shortest I could locate.
Does anyone know if that power port turns off after a period of time or is it always hot??
View attachment 27689

If you're EVER looking at that phone while driving, it's in the wrong place.

A good place to mount is near bottom left of windshield

Cigarette lighter power ports front row and console are always-hot and can actually be used to drain a fresh battery to a no-start state, takes ~24-48h using 2 devices either empty or used non-stop on 2amp chargers (camped out a couple times and learned the hard way)...smaller things like a USB fan can be run pretty much indefinitely

Ditto the one in the trunk. Not sure about the 120v inverter outlet on the center console if yours is equipped with one (my SSV has no comsole, my Navigator L has a proper wall outlet on the back of the console)

dunno about USBs if yours has any

Last edited:

Richard_S

Reaction score
I replaced the serpentine belt and all three idler pulleys, the grooved one was really loose and had a lot of play, so might as well do all 3 and be done with it. 224k