What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
What did the set cost? I'd like a little less floating also, was it hard to change out?

I’m lazy and didn’t install these myself. I had a local shop do it for about $1100 (parts, labor for installation, alignment, and a bolt was stripped on part of the suspension and had to be cut of and replaced.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Oshea

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 1st gen, with a 6 inch under, and 4 inch boddy with 2 inch wheel spacers. It is a mechanical lift. The rack on top, is an as built 2.6 inches high. I am putting a Smittybuilt tent on top of that this week.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
I have a 1st gen, with a 6 inch under, and 4 inch boddy with 2 inch wheel spacers. It is a mechanical lift. The rack on top, is an as built 2.6 inches high. I am putting a Smittybuilt tent on top of that this week.

How does the Expy do with those tents? Is there plenty of roof support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I did this today. The jury is still out on whether it will stay. I like it from certain angles and others not so much.
The OEM ones only come with the red FX. I do not like red much at all. Found these “Ford Officially Licensed” ones in black and silver. It is the appropriate font for the corresponding F150 model year.
21B73451-C566-4B81-95E8-4FF67444ACB0.jpeg FDA3531C-E25F-42A8-A6D2-6666F107B076.jpeg BFF50B3B-4602-43E3-96C2-5B18A28D0F40.jpeg

Kenerator

Reaction score
Over the past month I've:
Changed fluids in both differentials and transfer case. Filled with Amsoil Severe Duty 75-90 in the front and 75-140 + 4 ozs Ford XL-3 friction modifier in the rear.
Oil change - Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5-30 full synthetic + Napa Platinum filter.
Replaced serpentine belt, tensioner and all pullys.
Replaced front brake pads and rotors with Raybestos Element3 pads + Napa Ultra Premium rotors.
Installed a military style positive battery terminal and modified the existing wiring to connect to it.
Replaced battery with an Interstate brand battery.
Replaced the oil filter adapter and oil pressure switch.

Last edited:

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you that didn't see my previous post the truck through a p0299 code which means the big girl wasn't getting enough boost. Still spun the tires though. Any way we brought it into our local Ford dealer yesterday the one we purchased the vehicle through, the same dealer that set us up with a extended warranty through easy care. They called us today and said it needed the fuel injectors clean and it needed a new bypass valve.
GRAND TOTAL close to $600. None of it is covered under warranty and the truck only has 65,000 miles. Needless to say we are shopping around for a better price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For those of you that didn't see my previous post the truck through a p0299 code which means the big girl wasn't getting enough boost. Still spun the tires though. Any way we brought it into our local Ford dealer yesterday the one we purchased the vehicle through, the same dealer that set us up with a extended warranty through easy care. They called us today and said it needed the fuel injectors clean and it needed a new bypass valve.
GRAND TOTAL close to $600. None of it is covered under warranty and the truck only has 65,000 miles. Needless to say we are shopping around for a better price.

That is complete and total BS!!! New Bypass Valve should definitely be covered.

Injectors you can do your self with a good bottle of Techcron fuel system cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is complete and total BS!!! New Bypass Valve should definitely be covered.

Injectors you can do your self with a good bottle of Techcron fuel system cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My thoughts exactly!