What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you that didn't see my previous post the truck through a p0299 code which means the big girl wasn't getting enough boost. Still spun the tires though. Any way we brought it into our local Ford dealer yesterday the one we purchased the vehicle through, the same dealer that set us up with a extended warranty through easy care. They called us today and said it needed the fuel injectors clean and it needed a new bypass valve.
GRAND TOTAL close to $600. None of it is covered under warranty and the truck only has 65,000 miles. Needless to say we are shopping around for a better price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Update!
The truck is fixed new turbo bypass valve is installed and fuel injection cleaning is done. Brought the truck to a local mechanic and they did it for $300 half the cost of what Ford wanted. The truck is much more responsive and honestly sounds a lot different. You can definitely here the turbos more and the bypass valve working properly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hauled more s**t with it today. This time it was 1,375 lbs of fitness equipment. Getting a bit close to the cargo limit, but she hauled it like it was nothing. I'll definitely be downsizing next vehicle, but for the time being I'm making the most of the cargo capacity in this beast.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Discovered a power steering leak at the rack end seal this evening. I'll probably dump some Stop Leak in there to buy some time, but rack replacement seems imminent.

A few days ago I had a P0201 pending trouble code that popped up. A few weeks ago I had a noise develop on the driver side that I believe to be the wheel hub assembly at the very least (not had time to go further). All of this at only 143K makes this the second worst vehicle I have ever had (after my Ford Probe). :/

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today I replaced one of the license plate bulbs after I had the ************* towed home (P0201 + P0301 codes, accompanied by a misfire on cyl 1).

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I replaced one of the license plate bulbs after I had the ************* towed home (P0201 + P0301 codes, accompanied by a misfire on cyl 1).

Well by the codes it sounds like cylinder 1 injector is bad as you have injector circuit malfunction and misfire cylinder 1.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced 4 of the 8 plugs....3 were loose and sooty causing light misfires and 1 was iffy. Also replaced one coil.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well by the codes it sounds like cylinder 1 injector is bad as you have injector circuit malfunction and misfire cylinder 1.

It turned out to be a bad fuel injector connector at cylinder 1. I tested it repeatedly by myself with a noid light propped up on a hose and it seemed fine. Then I had someone run the engine while I held the light and I noticed when I moved it a certain way, it would stop firing. I replaced the connector and all is right again on that front.

I do still have a leaking power steering assembly and a bad wheel hub assembly though. Neither is catastrophic of course, but the fact that all this crap is happening at once makes me uneasy. I've had more issues with this Expedition than any other vehicle I've had in the last 25 years aside from my Ford Probe. :/ We've got a bit of a love/hate relationship at this point.