What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
What did you plug the holes with? The rockers were replaced on the current rig so probably a good idea to keep the water/salt away.
3 methods. In the pic below I made specific diameter and length plugs from foam (pipe insulation) skinned with Gorilla Tape. I also bought little rubber balls at Dollar Store & rubber plugs (like test tube stoppers) at The Depot. To close up around the uneven holes for running boards mounting I jammed foam in there. I think for the round holes you could just put Gorilla Tape over it. If the metal is clean and it adheres, I think that would last a year or more. That's what Ford does on pickups, puts tape over it but it falls off eventually. That's where I got the idea from.

IMG_0809.JPG

Plati

Reaction score
Made a cardboard cutout sun shade for drivers window. I roast on certain drives and blocking the sun is some relief for left side of me. Hopefully its not illegal to block windows at all? I cut out a path for see'ing the rear view mirror with no obstruction. I'm tall and can see over the top. It just pulls out so I only put it in for certain times.

IMG_0817.JPG

NO OBSTRUCTION

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Made a cardboard cutout sun shade for drivers window. I roast on certain drives and blocking the sun is some relief for left side of me. Hopefully its not illegal to block windows at all? I cut out a path for see'ing the rear view mirror with no obstruction. I'm tall and can see over the top. It just pulls out so I only put it in for certain times.

View attachment 30596

NO OBSTRUCTION
I HIGHLY recommend you talk to a window tint shop. They have a technology out called ceramic window tint that blocks an insanely high amount of radiant heat from the sun. You don't have to go dark or even smoked glass at all. They have it available in clear if you want. Front doors should cost less than $100 each. I got mine for $75 each.

Plati

Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend you talk to a window tint shop. They have a technology out called ceramic window tint that blocks an insanely high amount of radiant heat from the sun. You don't have to go dark or even smoked glass at all. They have it available in clear if you want. Front doors should cost less than $100 each. I got mine for $75 each.
That's pretty cool. I called The Tint Shop right away but of course busy and no call back (yet). I would do that if it cuts down on the heating up of my skin. I'm gonna check that out. My first big cross country trip in 2015 the SUN did a job on my left eye, so I got wrap around sunglasses. I wear long sleeve shirts now but with shorts … it fries my left hand and leg. I would love to just eliminate the problem all together. Not sure I like blocking the window with the cardboard sun block. Might have a motorcycle pull up next to me, I wanna see that. From the sun you have the whole range of the electromagnetic spectrum … visible light, infrared, UV, etc. I wanna block everything but visible. I think the window glass already blocks UV.

update: like anything, its confusing when you get in the weeds
this says I need to block UV-A …
https://www.skincancer.org/prevention/are-you-at-risk/sun-hazards-in-your-car

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone would have any insight into this. I noticed tonight my gearshift, headlight switch, 4WD knob, steering wheel controls lights arent illuminated. All switches function properly. Does this sound like a fuse for lights?

Just an update on this, it was a fuse. Supposedly sometimes it’s caused by a faulty junction box so we will see what happens.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found out my passenger front caliper is seized today. No pulling, no lack of performance but smelled burning. I just replaced these rotors and pads a few days ago and rims were squeaky clean....looks like the rotor is 5 years old and they’ve only been on a week.
B7F3D03F-3BFB-47F4-B3B2-1FB2451130D3.jpeg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking flexible brake line. I do not believe it is the caliper itself because I noticed when I compressed the pistons for new pads it was very hard on the one that side.....if I walked away for 2 minutes and came back it was easy to compress again. Almost like pressure isn’t allowed to release at a full pace. So my assumption is the line isn’t allowing the fluid to go back up when released.

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I called The Tint Shop right away but of course busy and no call back (yet). I would do that if it cuts down on the heating up of my skin. I'm gonna check that out. My first big cross country trip in 2015 the SUN did a job on my left eye, so I got wrap around sunglasses. I wear long sleeve shirts now but with shorts … it fries my left hand and leg. I would love to just eliminate the problem all together. Not sure I like blocking the window with the cardboard sun block. Might have a motorcycle pull up next to me, I wanna see that. From the sun you have the whole range of the electromagnetic spectrum … visible light, infrared, UV, etc. I wanna block everything but visible. I think the window glass already blocks UV.

If you don't want a dark tint, check out Air Blue 80. https://northamerica.llumar.com/aut...lm/clear-window-tint/clear-window-tint-series

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360