What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gave the truck a good wash. I then waxed it. It then rained and sleeted unexpectedly. A quick brief light shower. Then one of my kids needed to get a ride. Drove on the wet roads. All my washing un-done. Overnight the trees dropped all kinds of organics down on the truck as they are starting to flower.

It needed, the wash, but I'm thinking I should have spent the time vacuuming instead.

Oh, and dumped the Catch can. There's always something in there.

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced a worn out cab light. Old style is on the left. New style on the right. New ones are much brighter. I have to finish the other 4. I was just really tired of one being burned out.

15845335535414306166050493119433.jpg

15845335788113557748786865981002.jpg

Epps

Reaction score
Well, yesterday around 7:45 PM took delivery of our truck. We were waiting for it to get pin striped, but the dealer called and said if we wanted it get in within the hour. Of course this was all due to the Coronavirus. We were signing the papers as they were posting the signs of being closed until the gov approves reopening.

Last edited:

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, yesterday around 7:45 PM took delivery of our truck. We were waiting for it to get pin striped, but the dealer called and said if we wanted it get in within the hour. Of course this was all due to the Coronavirus. We were signing the papers as they were posting the signs of being closed until the gov approves reopening.
Pin stripping? Is that still a thing, I remember it was big in the late 90s early 2000s. What was it gonna look like and what year truck was it going on?

Plati

Reaction score
Yesterday actually. Cleaned up the 2014EL as best I could EVERYWHERE. Good spring hose spray the vehicle underside. Hand wash the exterior with an old t-shirt. Wipe and clean with soapy rag inside and along door openings. Clean windows. Vacuum. Empty out the stuff that doesn't belong in there. Did a decent job in the engine compartment. I've been wanting to clean out the spark plug area so I used a vacuum cleaner (suck & blow) and a screwdriver to loosen grit up. Glad to get that done! Will pull the plugs out of the rocker panels and flush clean in a few weeks when I know winter is done. Then I will do my spring touch up with Fluid Film. This Expy is in fantastic condition for living in Salt City! Plan to change transmission fluid, both differentials, & transfer case fluids soon @ 102K miles. Gonna pull the spare tire, clean it and that area and Fluid Film that. A steel rim spare tire gets pretty rusted up if you dont care for it (16 years later).

IMG_1668.JPG

I think I'm starting to lose my mind with this isolation/quarantine thing.
This is totally crazy. Gotta do it though.

Last edited:

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yesterday actually. Cleaned up the 2014EL as best I could EVERYWHERE. Good spring hose spray the vehicle underside. Hand wash the exterior with an old t-shirt. Wipe and clean with soapy rag inside and along door openings. Clean windows. Vacuum. Empty out the stuff that doesn't belong in there. Did a decent job in the engine compartment. I've been wanting to clean out the spark plug area so I used a vacuum cleaner (suck & blow) and a screwdriver to loosen grit up. Glad to get that done! Will pull the plugs out of the rocker panels and flush clean in a few weeks when I know winter is done. Then I will do my spring touch up with Fluid Film. This Expy is in fantastic condition for living in Salt City! Plan to change transmission fluid, both differentials, & transfer case fluids soon @ 102K miles. Gonna pull the spare tire, clean it and that area and Fluid Film that. A steel rim spare tire gets pretty rusted up if you dont care for it (16 years later).

View attachment 35050

I think I'm starting to lose my mind with this isolation/quarantine thing.
This is totally crazy. Gotta do it though.

I'm out here trucking for a few months, so at least you get to start and finish your projects

I gotta wait till june now

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed LED headlights. Will post pics tonight!
img_20200328_200506-jpg.35161

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes