What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took her to Walley World and bought a lot of groceries for a trip to the cabin with the fam this coming weekend. Thought the old girl looked good so I snapped a pic.

3424240C-108F-4FAC-BB67-1E7C41469F86.jpeg

Last edited:

IIGood

Reaction score
Did an oil change on my Limited today...second one since I've owned it.

While I was at it, I took a stab at trying to get some water spots out of the paint. They've been there at least as long as I've had it and I've washed it a few times since. The spots didn't come out after a wash and a I even tried a cleaner wax, but that didn't work. Today I took the polisher to it and used some compound on an area with spots and that got them out. So now I know what I'll need to do for the rest of the truck. I guess a previous owner had some really hard water...and probably doesn't help that the truck is black.

Plati

Reaction score
Gave it a good washing, by hand, with warm water ... small towel ... and car wash cleaner.

Cleaning the wheels is the hardest part. IMHO if you don't keep them clean (periodically) they will start to degrade. Keeping stuff clean helps prevent damage over time. Dirt is not your BFF. I'll go over those wheels again tomorrow, always miss some spots on first attempt. Small amount of ceramic brake pad dust, not bad.

Gotta keep those Gorilla's clean & happy.
IMG_2052.JPG

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emptied all my tools out for the trip today, feels like a Ferrari now without all that weight back there LOL.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I traced my clicking down to the LH temperature blend door actuator. This is, unfortunately, the one that can only be removed by either: (a) removing practically the entire front interior of the vehicle, which is listed as a 6+ hour job or (b) removing the shifter, center console, some ventilation, etc., which is about a 3h job. I'm not sure how I am going to approach this one yet. I don't have the time nor the patience to do that job myself, but I don't really want to pay someone $600+ labor to do it either. The person(s) that designed the system this way should be shot.

Plati

Reaction score
I traced my clicking down to the LH temperature blend door actuator. This is, unfortunately, the one that can only be removed by either: (a) removing practically the entire front interior of the vehicle, which is listed as a 6+ hour job or (b) removing the shifter, center console, some ventilation, etc., which is about a 3h job. I'm not sure how I am going to approach this one yet. I don't have the time nor the patience to do that job myself, but I don't really want to pay someone $600+ labor to do it either. The person(s) that designed the system this way should be shot.
In my 2003, I was able to minimize the clicking (thumping) in the rear unit by adjusting the temp to a sweet spot.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my 2003, I was able to minimize the clicking (thumping) in the rear unit by adjusting the temp to a sweet spot.

Right now, my system primarily clicks at startup with the occasional clicking when it attempts to adjust the temp (auto mode). I had the RH actuator go a couple years ago and it went from bad to worse quickly, so I'm expecting this one to do the same. I had hoped the same one had failed again, but no such luck. :/