What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMARTIN

Reaction score
Drove my 2004 xlt,5.4l 4x4, with 170,000 miles for the first time today after purchasing last Friday.
I had it delivered to me by the seller.
Also own a 2000 e.b.,5.4l 4x4 with 178,000 miles.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Nice day here in Rainchester, so after a round of golf (on December 11th)
Gave the old Gal a good hand washing, the only way to get fully clean & good exercise.
Found an issue, another advantage of the hands on experience.
I always wash the wiper blades , definitely improves performance.
IMG_2318.JPG

Golf courses were all closed, so I had to TRESSPASS & Walk to get my 18 holes in!

Last edited:

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Saturday, took the roof rack off.

For posterity, M6x1.00 is the thread size.

Wife and I both like the look.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Just did the follow up treatment after having the Restorefx process a year and a half ago.

Nothing sticks to my paint.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's been cold AF most days, so I procrastinated getting plug #8 out as a small pebble had prevented me from getting the socket on it. I finally managed to get that out and thought that was the hard part since I used anti-seize last time I did the plugs. Nope. I soaked the plug in rust penetrant AND still had to add a u-joint and 3 extensions to get enough leverage to break the plug loose. I applied firm, steady pressure, but avoided hammering on it out of fear I would break the plug. I know it's very uncommon with the 1-piece plugs, but that thing felt like it was red Loctite'd in there and I have a habit of using too much force. It took over an hour to get the MF out (maybe 15 min of actual wrenching and 45 min of me stepping away to curse the engineer that made that plug so hard to reach in the first place), but it's out.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a bug deflector on.

Then I pondered the newly cracked tail light and the dent in the hatch about an inch below the glass. My dear sweet girlfriend back into a trash can this morning... No, I didn't yell at her but she was pretty upset and there were tears. It's just a truck..glad she didn't back into a person or another vehicle. (have an aftermarket backup cam, not connected yet, gotta tuck the wires under carpet and console etc)

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a bug deflector on.

Then I pondered the newly cracked tail light and the dent in the hatch about an inch below the glass. My dear sweet girlfriend back into a trash can this morning... No, I didn't yell at her but she was pretty upset and there were tears. It's just a truck..glad she didn't back into a person or another vehicle. (have an aftermarket backup cam, not connected yet, gotta tuck the wires under carpet and console etc)

I got clipped on the highway the other day and I didn't even file a claim. The truck is 10 y/o now and I'm to the point where scratches and dings are of little importance.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good thing you have... awww never mind.

Right!? LOL

I'm like..I'll be damned. I can't be mad, she's never had a big....vehicle...like this, until she got with me last April.

And of course I about hit the damned thing too, a couple of days before.

Bad thing was, she was just taking the kids to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus so they didn't have to stand in the snow and cold.

It'll be ok. It's a 9 year old truck, though it has held up pretty nicely. I'm just glad it didn't bust a window, there's a lot of glass on that ass. LOL