What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it to Home Depot and ended up picking out some new saws since my old recip saw petered out. They’ve got some good kick for just being battery tools, I’m impressed.
A0426B2B-A056-41FC-A464-5145DD92FC87.jpeg

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoulda been red.
Is red Milwaukee? I looked at those but these were $650 all said and done after tax packaged with batteries. I would have been in about 8 bills on those. My framing contractor uses these same dewalt 60V units and swears by them, he framed 24 apartments for me with them and no extension chords....so I followed suit lol. No osha fines for chords. Most everything on site can be done with batteries and air now.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DeWalt, Milwaukee and Ridgid all make some nice cordless stuff for pro use. For the average DIY homeowner (like me), I'm a big fan of Ryobi for price : performance.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Some of the Dewalt stuff these days is very good. They really surprised me. They have a line now that's USA made, though I don't know if it's sold at the homeowner stores. Unfortunately Milwaukee's quality has been on a spiral down since the Chinese bought them.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to change brakes. My mechanic always had told me he LOATHES F-150s and Expeditions with all of his being because of this.

F9333731-9AB1-46FD-8673-0D4D6B96DF74.jpeg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the Dewalt stuff these days is very good. They really surprised me. They have a line now that's USA made, though I don't know if it's sold at the homeowner stores. Unfortunately Milwaukee's quality has been on a spiral down since the Chinese bought them.

I stay away from supply houses when it comes to power tools. At least here in western New York you are paying more for the same tool, the supply houses don’t have the buying power the big box stores have so you pay more.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You can usually pound an undersized socket on that nut and get it off. Or find a tight fit and **** it so it's jammed on there and twist. Hopefully it's not too tight. Good luck.

With the right struggling, you can chisel and peel that stainless skin off the thing and then find a socket to fit what's left. Looks like you're going in that direction.

I feel your pain. Been there.

I've found some mail order tool places that sell high end things you can't find at the homeowner stores.