What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced back up and fog lights with LED. Want to make headlights brighter, but the LED retro headlight bulbs I see so far, are too bright according to internet info. I don't appreciate being blinded by other's LED at night, so I will not do the same. Might have to go with Sylvania XtraVision or better(?).
Sylvania SilverStar Ultra or Osram NightBreaker are great for improving your halogens. My 2007 Expedition output great light with those bulbs.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just detailed the paint in time for an awesome storm to come through the next day. It will be a little chilly, but I’ll wash it in the morning. Here’s a shot of it after washing with Chemical Guys Clean Slate to strip all previous coatings. Then I clayed it. Rinsed and dried. Then Chemical Guys P4. Followed that up with some Griots Garage Wax and Sealant all-in-one. I only use CG’s products now. However, I have a few other products I don’t want to throw away. The Griots complimented the CG’s just fine.

Attachments

• FCDE1419-F5AB-4FA5-ADE6-304AFE78C89B.jpeg
    FCDE1419-F5AB-4FA5-ADE6-304AFE78C89B.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 9
  • E0E12ACE-A35E-45D0-A902-5B0FC8889F22.jpeg
    E0E12ACE-A35E-45D0-A902-5B0FC8889F22.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 10

HandWBeaz15

Reaction score
Got our '23 XLT a couple weeks ago. So far added 22" Asanti wheels, chrome delete/matte wrap, and black Ford emblems. Goes in for tint and taillight wrap in a few days.
front.jpgback.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Old post so I apologize for digging it up. Did you ever get the rear tail light bar installed? How did you mount it? Like it?

Looks like you have a 3rd gen? For my backup lights I mounted square tube (1" I think?) via the existing holes and then mounted the backup lights to the square tube. You could do the same with a light bar. Just use square tube that spans the space between both sets of existing holes and then mount the light bar to that. I will advise to see if you can find galvanized square tube though. I used bare steel and painted it with an outdoor paint, but it's just in a spot that gets a lot of abuse from salt, road debris, etc. and it rotted out within a few years.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'03 Expedition. Removed the the wiper cowling and replaced some washer hose and a broken "Y" connector that was shooting washer fluid straight up instead of on to the windshield. Repainted the wiper arms matte black while I had them off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE