What does “Auto” in the Climate Contro do - 2022 Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cannot figure out what the “Auto” button with the three small lights above it in the Climate Control does. 2022 Expy with 15” screen. Couldn’t find it in the manual. Any help please? Thanks!

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto maintains a set temp inside. The three different settings are the max fan speed. So if you want it quieter when you first get in your vehicle, set it to 1. If you want it to cool/heat as fast as possible regardless of how loud, set it to 3. I leave ours on 2 unless it’s really hot outside. 3 is pretty loud at times.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto maintains a set temp inside. The three different settings are the max fan speed. So if you want it quieter when you first get in your vehicle, set it to 1. If you want it to cool/heat as fast as possible regardless of how loud, set it to 3. I leave ours on 2 unless it’s really hot outside. 3 is pretty loud at times.
True but auto only affects the fan speeds. Even on a set speed the temp will always be automatic.

OP
OP
R

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Outstanding! Many thanks!

One more question please. How do I rearrange the CarPlay icons in the order I want them on the 15” display? I know there is a way to do this but I cannot find the setting on either my iPhone or 15” display.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True but auto only affects the fan speeds. Even on a set speed the temp will always be automatic.
Depends on what you mean by automatic. In manual mode, the temp of the air from the vents and speed of the fans is fixed based on what you set them to be. In auto mode, the system automatically changes the temp of the air from the vents and fan speeds to reach a desired cabin temp.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...nditioning-and-heating/ford-climate-controls/

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto will also direct air to the optimum vent, so you don't have to manually fumble with where you want to direct the air.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by automatic. In manual mode, the temp of the air from the vents and speed of the fans is fixed based on what you set them to be. In auto mode, the system automatically changes the temp of the air from the vents and fan speeds to reach a desired cabin temp.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...nditioning-and-heating/ford-climate-controls/

I always set my fan speed to 3 or 4 and the temp to 67 and I can feel the air getting warmer out of the vents as the temp is met.
On long trips with different outside climate changes you can really feel this. The only thing I ever noticed on auto was the fan speed.
If indeed this was not the case then there should be no temp settings allowed when not in auto. But there is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK