What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MATT0404

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread here for everyone to share what they’ve done to (or with) their 4th gen expedition this week (and in the weeks to come). There’s a thread like this on a Land Cruiser forum that I frequent and it’s quite popular.

So let’s see what you’ve been working on this week!

I’ll start. Last week’s mods/maintenance included:
  • Wash, clay bar, wax
  • Front air dam removal
  • Finally got around to modding the rear center caps to clear the axle shafts. 1” forstener bit and a Dremel worked great.
C1FF6CC5-5107-4AA4-8DE3-7F8245CD7EB0.jpeg
85F876B0-11D7-419E-A638-EFF21DFBBEDE.jpeg
972B5A42-914B-4388-BB1A-336E85BF5EB7.jpeg
15DA5701-39C4-4DE4-A26E-833472E5FDA1.jpeg
83F50A92-16B6-4784-8A8A-F6037E3E02AA.jpeg

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread here for everyone to share what they’ve done to (or with) their 4th gen expedition this week (and in the weeks to come). There’s a thread like this on a Land Cruiser forum that I frequent and it’s quite popular.

So let’s see what you’ve been working on this week!

I’ll start. Last week’s mods/maintenance included:
  • Wash, clay bar, wax
  • Front air dam removal
  • Finally got around to modding the rear center caps to clear the axle shafts. 1” forstener bit and a Dremel worked great.
View attachment 31065
View attachment 31067
View attachment 31066
View attachment 31063
View attachment 31064
Looks sharp. Remind me again, any rubbing issues? And were these put on with stock suspension?

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Looks sharp. Remind me again, any rubbing issues? And were these put on with stock suspension?
Thanks. I installed the wheels/tires on stock suspension with minimal rubbing. I had to pull the rear passenger side inner fender liner toward the frame a bit to alleviate rubbing. Once lifted the rubbing up front was a bit worse at full lock, but nothing seriously detrimental. Just rubbed the bottom edge of the fender liner at full lock. This issue has cleared up to some degree on its own either with the tires wearing down, or the fender liner. I noticed when removing the air dam that the front fender liners attach to tabs on the bottom of the front bumper. To totally alleviate rubbing, I’m thinking about slotting the mounting tabs on the bottom of the front bumper, pulling the fender liners forward a bit, then snugging down the screws to hold them in place a bit further forward.

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Man, that looks killer!

Not much done since purchasing new a few days ago. Mud flaps and a few interior goodies. After a fresh bath. Going in for front tint and clear bra in a week.

View attachment 31088
Lookin' good! Which mud flaps did you go with?

Edit: just noticed you're in Pittsburgh. I'm about an hour and half north in Franklin.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lookin' good! Which mud flaps did you go with? .

Edit: just noticed you're in Pittsburgh. I'm about an hour and half north in Franklin.
Thanks.I'm actually not that far, basically 5 miles from Pittsburgh international.We are in portersville quite frequently for bike riding, love that area up 79.. so much quieter than where we are lol

I opted for the weathertech mud flaps, they are a perfect fitment with the fold out running boards and I liked the installation on them. Highly recommend if you're looking for a set.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just received the EXPEDITION letters in black. Still trying to decide if I put those on the tailgate or not.
Are you referring to the black lettering that goes on the hood of the Stealth? If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase and how much was it? The only thing I found looked like it was $140 which I think is absurd for an emblem

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Thanks.I'm actually not that far, basically 5 miles from Pittsburgh international.We are in portersville quite frequently for bike riding, love that area up 79.. so much quieter than where we are lol

I opted for the weathertech mud flaps, they are a perfect fitment with the fold out running boards and I liked the installation on them. Highly recommend if you're looking for a set.
Thanks for the info. I think I might give the Weathertech's a try.

We do the opposite...it's so quiet up here, we have to head to the city for some excitement lol.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you referring to the black lettering that goes on the hood of the Stealth? If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase and how much was it? The only thing I found looked like it was $140 which I think is absurd for an emblem
No, it is the inserts that go on the tail gate where the EXPEDITION name is. These seemed decently reasonable at about $20. CDN off Amazon.