What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwhinnen

Reaction score
Put in weather tech mats throughout the passenger compartment.

Installed my new rear sway bar. Still waiting on the front.

4EB4E312-FBD9-422A-BDC7-00EB2167A35A.jpeg

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure people will think I'm crazy but the resonator at the rear has bothered me since we got the vehicle. The unsightly metal box hanging below the rear bumper just looked cheap. After finally installing the Bilsteins, the added lift made it even more in my face. I ended up cutting it off and installing a black turn down tip in its place. I angled it down and towards the side of the vehicle to help ensure the exhaust is pushed out from underneath the vehicle. So far little to no change in exhaust sound. Definitely cleans up the look from the rear.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07X32H...abc_9CQBG4SKAP829W5D4354?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
20210330_170226.jpg20210330_171806.jpg

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure people will think I'm crazy but the resonator at the rear has bothered me since we got the vehicle. The unsightly metal box hanging below the rear bumper just looked cheap. After finally installing the Bilsteins, the added lift made it even more in my face. I ended up cutting it off and installing a black turn down tip in its place. I angled it down and towards the side of the vehicle to help ensure the exhaust is pushed out from underneath the vehicle. So far little to no change in exhaust sound. Definitely cleans up the look from the rear.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07X32H...abc_9CQBG4SKAP829W5D4354?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 41253View attachment 41254

I had them over spray it with the Tectile Undercoating so now it’s a textured black finish. Less in your face, and not as noticing. But I agree with you; with all that room under there, they couldn’t move it up a few inches higher or possibly put a smaller one under there???? It’s always the little things lol [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shaffer9,
It looks like it frees up a lot more room for a larger tire to fit (beyond 34s), if one wants to manipulate the heat shield a bit?
Was it a heavy box (just curious from a weight perspective)?

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shaffer9,
It looks like it frees up a lot more room for a larger tire to fit (beyond 34s), if one wants to manipulate the heat shield a bit?
Was it a heavy box (just curious from a weight perspective)?

Not too heavy( ~3-5lbs maybe). You could definitely do something with the heat shield if you needed room in that direction. I would think front to back would be where the issues would be with a larger tire, but I think you know more about that.

Last edited:

bwhinnen

Reaction score
Installed the front sway bar this morning. Also got my cargo mat (genuine Ford one) last week. Bit thinner than I thought, but still nice to have the coverage.

A322261C-9504-41DD-8F62-3F8537AF6EF0.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360