What Is A Good Air Freshner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought some vent freshners but mine still smells funny since I bought it. The odor makes me want to toss my cookies! It's clean inside so I can't understand why it has an odor!!!??? What's the best odor eater for a vehicle? O All Suggestions very much welcome!!!!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I bought some vent freshners but mine still smells funny since I bought it. The odor makes me want to toss my cookies! It's clean inside so I can't understand why it has an odor!!!??? What's the best odor eater for a vehicle? O All Suggestions very much welcome!!!!

I would try to find the source of the odor rather than masking it with another odor. Not sure what your smelling....is it related to the a/c or just the interior as you open the doors?

Odimus

Reaction score
We like the little febreeze ones that snap into the vents...stay away from the Black Ice trees!!! Our dog got sprayed by a skunk while on a hike and I grabbed a few of the black ice trees...it covered the skunk smell but they caused headaches...rather deal with the skunk odor...

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
smell could be caused by the a/c drain tube being clogged and the condensate setting in the evap core and turning into mold

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
look for wet carpet pad by the passengers feet area

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the black ice ones for the vents.It's not odor from a/c it's the actual interior.... smells like BO! I checked for wet spots when I first got it because I heard of the front window issues but everything has checked out. I plan to just clean carpets and hope that works. I will get some auto frebreeze and see if that helps. Thanks for responses!

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would try to find the source of the odor rather than masking it with another odor. Not sure what your smelling....is it related to the a/c or just the interior as you open the doors?

....and you are correct Tom... seems like masking the odor did appear to make it worse~ Maybe there's a dead animal... I found a bird in a previous car I owned!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I bought the black ice ones for the vents.It's not odor from a/c it's the actual interior.... smells like BO! I checked for wet spots when I first got it because I heard of the front window issues but everything has checked out. I plan to just clean carpets and hope that works. I will get some auto frebreeze and see if that helps. Thanks for responses!

Shampoo the carpet and seats if not leather. They sell pet odor remover if you knew where its coming from. Spray it down before you shampoo. I would do on nice sunny day so it can dry completely after you finish.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shampoo the carpet and seats if not leather. They sell pet odor remover if you knew where its coming from. Spray it down before you shampoo. I would do on nice sunny day so it can dry completely after you finish.
Thanks Tom great idea!

kustomiser

Reaction score
when i worked for ford in the late 80s we would use liquid Lysol in the brown bottle to kill the mold in the a/c evaporator box. after cleaning the drain with compressed air, we would pour it down the defroster vents let it sit for a hour or two then turn the defroster on and dry out the vents. then we would spend about a hour cleaning up the mess it made. ford had a tsb on this process for the 86 bronco II. i will see if i can find a copy online