What Is A Good Air Freshner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toadeyes

Reaction score
I don't use air freshener, just some charcoal to absorb any moist within the cabin.

1mpg

Reaction score
If there's no cabin filter (2007 EB) how can I add one if it's even possible or just plain ol deodorize the vent system?

Please help my wife is driving me crazy since every time it rains or there's moisture in the air she panics the shit out of me by saying that she thinks there's a burning smell coming out of the vents. I have a mazda6 and that thing has a cabin filter so I can tell when it needs to be changed.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Valve cover gaskets mite be leaking if shes getting a burning smell out of the vents?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it correct that an 08 doesn’t have a cabin filter? What was the Navigator upgrade kit? Something we can pull from a junk yard?

I put this inside and left the truck closed up. 24 hours no change, 48 hours no change, day three I think I’m smelling mostly the ozium and very little of the rotten food cigarette smell. I think I’ll get another one to leave by the rear air intake once I start driving it.

E372FBA1-6748-4308-83F3-25B1E207DDD0.jpeg

I did a full gut and scrub from cowl to hatch on this except I did not drop the headliner. Carpet was removed entirely, washed and dried for two days before going back in.
E5D8DE10-AC13-41B4-BE9A-A5B52CBFAC1F.jpeg

74B78635-53BD-4E0C-B57D-CB351965CE87.jpeg

The following are the before pictures.
F0B3E793-AF75-421B-A12E-2371DF4F8F43.jpeg

229B45FC-8EE3-4A6F-A21E-5508F2C55E82.jpeg

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found old fashion charcoal brickets, not the easy lite kind. Put in large metal trays on floor and close car up, takes time but will absorb odors. Use of an ozone machine after few weeks should eliminate odors completely.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The little Ozium canister works pretty well as long as you're not trying to tackle something that's overwhelming already. It's a good "maintenance scent". I keep one of these in my regal that seldom gets driven. Open the door 3 months later and it's as fresh as can be. Lasts a long time too.

It looks like someone mentioned it years ago in this thread but the CG Stripper, now known as Signature Scent smells nice. It's definitely not a manly scent but isn't bad. I kept it on the shelf at my detail shop and had quite a few regulars that really liked it. Their leather and new car work well too, the new car use sparingly however as it's pretty strong imo. One or two sprays in a footwell and leave it overnight does wonders. The smell will still be there but not so strong it burns your eyes.

I tend to stick to the more earthy scents. If I'm being lazy and want one to last the Little Trees Bourbon is nice, a bit strong the first couple days but quickly fades to a pleasant background scent. I've gotten quite a few comments from riders on that one. Chemical Guys Morning Wood is on the same track but is more sandalwood than anything.

CG makes a ton of different scents. They used to have samplers where you could choose several 4oz pump sprays to see what you like. Anything fruity or named (apple pie, Mango, bubble gum, etc) are usually spot on for the description. None of the sprays arent terribly long lasting which is nice if you like to mix it up a bit or get something you end up not being crazy about. My shop used to smell like a fruit basket half the time. Honeydew was very popular in the warmer months. Side note, the honeydew snow foam is probably the best smelling soap on the market. Works great too and doesn't strip wax. When I throw it in my foam cannon neighborhood walkers will ocziaonally stop and ask what is that smell.

Kevin08, everytime I see that pic I cringe. You're better than I, I wouldn't buy a vehicle in that condition even though I could clean it up. Just on principle alone that the seller doesn't deserve to be able to sell it like that. It blows my mind the filth that people crawl into every single day. It's not hard to keep a car clean...though I shouldn't be surprised since any people struggle to even shower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze