What is the best year Expedition to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go based on the radio the 2007-2014 is your only option LOL, the audio has never been as good since the Audiophile system. Methinks Ford lied on the wattage….because the folks at the F-150 forum say the same thing about the 04-10’s blowing the Sony and B&O out of the water despite the supposed wattage. You’ve got guys getting brand new loaded Platinums saying their 04 Lariat rusted to the brims had way better sound haha. There has been much speculation on the subject…the general consensus is the old Audiophile woofer had a lot more balls. My 07 will shake the back windows out.

Last edited:

texasbred

Reaction score
I only recently started driving our 2012 as a daily. Have always enjoyed it on trips but it was essentially my wife's vehicle while I went through 3 Ford trucks(Lifted F150 Platinum, F250 Lariat+ and a 16 whipple fed 5.0 crew cab). I love the 2012 and the 5.4, but if I was buying another I would probably go 3rd gen Ecoboost. I really loved the Ecoboost in my Platinum. Great engine for daily, towing, trip taking.

Glad Ford didn't go Coyote in the Expeditions. Fun while they are force fed but boring and rev thirsty without boost.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like most trucks or cars each new year adds improvements. Some are good others not so much. I'd opt for the newest that gives me most of what I want.