What is your average MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering what is everyone's average MPG. Please post the model year, engine, mileage, as well as any mods or recent maintenance you've done to improve your MPG, or what mods/maintenance you intend to do to improve it. Here's mine :

Model : 2014 Expedition SSV

Engine : Triton V8 5.4L 3V

Mileage : 130,000

Current average MPG : 12.4

Mods : None

Recent maintenance : Synthetic engine oil (5W30), new air filter, MAF clean, throttle body clean, new drive belt with tensioner and idler pulleys.

To do : Spark plugs, transmission fluid & filter, transfer case fluid, differential fluid.

Thanks! :)

f150dave2002

Reaction score
Another fun site to browse is Fuelly.com I record my miles there. You can search a lot of model years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
08 Eddie Bauer standard wheelbase 4x4 sitting at 13.8 currently. Tuned by 5star, gotts mod, AEM dryflow air filter, summit racing muffler in the stock piping.

Plati

Reaction score
2014EL
90K miles
5.4L
3.73 lsd rear diff

I'm on a 5 week 6K miles so far trip from upstate NY to BC and down to Colorado (now). Full speed limit + 4 mph. Have hit every National Park from Teddy Roosevelt to Jasper to Rocky Mtn. Running 87 octane. Been in AWD entire time. Expy computer tells me 17 mpg over the trip. Checked oil a few times. Just slightly brown and has not consumed a drop as far as I can tell. Nice! 5W20 conventional Valvoline. Will do oil & filter change next couple days. Plugs changed at 80K and other standard maintenance items (battery tires brakes etc) but otherwise no repairs required other than the drivers seat side thing and rain sensing wiper sensor unit.

Glacier NP rules but the Canadian Rockies are pretty cool also. Toured Georgian Bay & Keweenaw Peninsula on the way out here. Canadian border ripped my Expy apart in Roosville. Sucked.

Bowman Lake in Glacier
Camped here 6 nights
3FACC314-782F-425A-94D9-781224235BA4.jpeg

Golf about once a week wherever I am.
Best course was Bully Pulpit in Medora ND.

update 9/11:
made it home and final tally was 7659 miles in 5.5 weeks … 17.7mpg
WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY, GET OUT AND SEE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hell if I know

The odometer reset button that controls the SSV "mini message center" w/o info setup reset buttons snapped off so I can't bring up MPG on that screen, and Torque Pro shows improbable figures of 28 to 35 mpg....

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'17 Lmtd 3.5TT bought new

74,300miles

18.3 mpg since birth..........as Bob put it....LOL

NOTHING has broke, ever....

jeff

Hey Stick, if you go to Shadow mountain, they have a spot designated as "the Continental divide"(the actual divide is the length of the mtn range) where you can piss in the Atlantic & Pacific.....I was 16 when I did it '73
I'm not sure that the design was for people to pee there that but it seemed like one of those I'd regret if I didn't.....glad I did it x100 !

jeff

Last edited:

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
Hell if I know

The odometer reset button that controls the SSV "mini message center" w/o info setup reset buttons snapped off so I can't bring up MPG on that screen, and Torque Pro shows improbable figures of 28 to 35 mpg....
Mine snapped off flush but I can use a ballpoint pen to push it.

2008 XLT former police and fire. Showed 18 mpg at last fill up. Got down to 12 when I was disconnecting the battery frequently because of a parasitic draw.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 5.4L/ 6R75 w/ 3.73s XLT Standard Length: Average 16.1 MPG

2007 5.4L/ 6R75 w/ 3.73s Eddie Bauer EL: Average 14.9 MPG

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine snapped off flush but I can use a ballpoint pen to push it.

2008 XLT former police and fire. Showed 18 mpg at last fill up. Got down to 12 when I was disconnecting the battery frequently because of a parasitic draw.

Mine could be ballpointed too, once upon a time

Then I took it apart due to a false assumption that it was '04-'08 F150 derived and I could change it to blue LEDs (in short: NOPE, not for laymen, it's soldered and mad tiny, not bulbs in sockets like old F150s), and broke something further

Lost spring maybe? Or actually broke the button on the end? IDK.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni