What kind of wipers do y'all use? [And boy can the Expy handle snow!]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, to start, I wanna say, OOOHH BOY can the expedition get around in the snow! :D We just got hammered yesterday by a buttload of snow, and I didn't get stuck once, and I had to use 4WD Low a few times in the real deep stuff.

Me and my brother took it out for lunch right in the middle of the storm!
IMG_20181115_1143013.jpg

Anyway.... during the snowstorm, I found out that my current wipers SUCK in the snow and ice, so I need to get better ones. So, what do you guys use on the front and the back wipers? Right now I have like... 22 inch standard wipers, because they're able to reach more of the windsheild (especially that curve on the passenger side), but I think it's hurting me in the snow... maybe I should just use the size the manual says? Well, if it's in there... either way, if there's certain kinds that are great for the expy and not super expensive then I wanna know!

(Oh, and I know it's weird but I like having the rear wiper match the front ones, not the same size of course just the same brand)

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This rear wiper assembly is an upgrade for the '03-'06 models. They use them on the newer ones now.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOBOO-9L1Z...xpedition+rear+wiper+assembly#customerReviews

These Michelin Stealth wipers are the best I've used on the Expy. Under the plastic shroud is a full wiper frame, so it's strong like the stock ones. They kinda match the upgraded rear wiper too.

https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-852...&sr=8-15&keywords=ford+expedition+front+wiper

They also sell the Michelins at Walmart, so you can go look at them there too.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can keep the snow. No thank you!

More for me! :D

This rear wiper assembly is an upgrade for the '03-'06 models. They use them on the newer ones now.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOBOO-9L1Z...xpedition+rear+wiper+assembly#customerReviews

These Michelin Stealth wipers are the best I've used on the Expy. Under the plastic shroud is a full wiper frame, so it's strong like the stock ones. They kinda match the upgraded rear wiper too.

https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-852...&sr=8-15&keywords=ford+expedition+front+wiper

They also sell the Michelins at Walmart, so you can go look at them there too.

Does that wiper just bolt onto the shaft that goes through the rear window glass? If that's the case, I should be able to get it on there, I've taken the rear wiper arm off once or twice to adjust it!

And the michelins look good too, I might go with those if walmart has em :)

I'd get them on amazon but I'm not sure if I trust something long and thin to make it through the mail... unless they pack it well, I guess

BillAlex

Reaction score
I once saw some of that white stuff you guys call snow. It was about ten years ago and it melted the minute it hit the ground. It was 70 degrees out here in Arizona Today. I think I will have to dig out my long sleeve shirt. I think I have one if I can find it. I was thinking about buying a jacket but it would probably be too hot and Winter only last about 15 minutes out here in Arizona. So I saved my money and invested it in a Expy. It's two wheel drive but most 4X4 seldom get off the payment out here. Good luck with that white stuff and when you finally just get fed up with the Rain, the Sleet, The Snow, The Blizzards and Extreme weather, come on out and visit us in January. Wouldn't advise coming in July, we cook eggs on sidewalks out here.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I once saw some of that white stuff you guys call snow. It was about ten years ago and it melted the minute it hit the ground. It was 70 degrees out here in Arizona Today. I think I will have to dig out my long sleeve shirt. I think I have one if I can find it. I was thinking about buying a jacket but it would probably be too hot and Winter only last about 15 minutes out here in Arizona. So I saved my money and invested it in a Expy. It's two wheel drive but most 4X4 seldom get off the payment out here. Good luck with that white stuff and when you finally just get fed up with the Rain, the Sleet, The Snow, The Blizzards and Extreme weather, come on out and visit us in January. Wouldn't advise coming in July, we cook eggs on sidewalks out here.

Well, maybe once I've lost enough weight I could visit anytime... weighing 485 pounds means I overheat easy! (at least it's under 500 now)

And only sucky thing is, while I get to use 4WD and play in the snow, there's so much salt.... sooo much salt :c

the bus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you like the expedition in the snow. Real 4wd and heavy vehicle. If you do not have my snow flake rated tires it will even make it better in stock form. I believe the frameless blades are slightly better than the open frame which I have on the f150 stock motorcraft. I just usually use anco 31 series.

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Rain-X wipers (and Rain-X, for that matter). I buy the size the manual / wiper book says and just check online reviews for each model of wiper to see if I want to buy it. Rain-X, though, are my preferred wiper brand. It seems like their blades have a light coating in the Rain-X product to help make the water run off the windshield for the first few months.

04EddyExpy

Reaction score
I swear by the Duralast wipers at Auto-Zone. They keep a nice seal against the glass, and I've had the same set on my Expy for over a year now, with no streaks as of yet. That includes cold in the 0-10°F to 90-95°F range throughout the year here in Ohio.