What makes a Bentley Special?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably because it then qualified to be classed as used.

There was more than that, keep in mind the last time he did it I was a teenager in the 1980’s. It was something about importing it being cheaper that way. Something to do with a UK citizen shipping it out having lower duties, and US citizen already owning it had lower duties on arrival. I believe the time owned while in UK had something to do with establishing it want just for export/import. Kind of like if you move to some countries you can import one vehicle duty free if you are establishing permanent residence, and have owned it a certain period of time. That is something I looked at when I was considering transferring with my current employer.

Networkit

Reaction score
I've had my '06 Bentley GT Continental for awhile and there's not many other cars like it. While they've improved many things on them since '06, the look, ride and refinement is about even with current models. The interior can't be beat, the leather, interior fit and finish, comfort etc is unmatched. Other manufacturers are stepping up their game no doubt, but there's something unique about Bentley. A true daily driver with performance that can be considered super-car level. It sits next to our '18 Expedition and have to say I love both vehicles.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I once heard a story from a friend who owned a Bentley, a few weeks after purchase he was traveling up the East coast and felt the transmission slipping. He called Bentley CS from his hotel and explained what was going on. They assured him nothing was wrong with his transmission but they would be happy to look at and wanted him to enjoy his road trip. The next morning he had a letter in the car stating that his car was just fine and he shouldn't have any worries the rest of his trip. He doesn't know what was done to it but he never felt the transmission issue the rest of the time he owned the car. Not sure if the story is true or not but I have no reason to not believe him.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I call customer service! They come to your hotel your staying, take the vehicle, fix it, and leave a letter explaining it's fixed. Could you imagine even Lincoln going that route? Now you know why so many wealthy have British help, butlers, maids, they never argue, they just get things done.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I call customer service! They come to your hotel your staying, take the vehicle, fix it, and leave a letter explaining it's fixed. Could you imagine even Lincoln going that route? Now you know why so many wealthy have British help, butlers, maids, they never argue, they just get things done.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

When was the last time you saw a British butler? Apart from in a movie.

You want exceptional discipline and ability to get things done, hire an Israeli. You want that plus silence, hire a Finn.

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bentley (or HR Owen really in the UK) have exceptional customer service. The vehicles are worth every penny. My exs father had a continental he bought used, and every single bit of it was incredible. There's no gaps or noises or scratchy surfaces. It's all smooth, quiet, and comfortable. If there's even a hint of a problem, they whisk it away and bring it back same as new (as said above).

There is no substitute for a Bentley or Rolls Royce - who have exceptional engines btw. When you've been in one, there is not a replicable experience.