What oil and Filter combo in the new Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun Swiers

Reaction score
So I was planning to run Mobil 1 and the Napa Platinum Filter on our '19 MAX...

In our '12 F150 been using Mobile 1 and Napa Gold, just over 110k and no issues, no noil consumption and regular changes at or below 5000 miles...

What is everyone using?

Andy C

Reaction score
Pennzoil platinum with Napa gold on 18 navigator. I’ve been using pennzoil for sometime now and like the oil. Navi has basically same engine, however equal to raptor engine. Planning on doing oil change every 5k or so as oil is cheap enough. There is rebate now to get $10back for 5qts jugs.

Also installed the fumoto drain plug for easier oil change each time. Makes it much cleaner and faster oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've only changed my oil once, but used the Ford synthetic blend oil & fram filter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always use the OEM filters (no matter what manufacturer, not just Ford).

Use the oil that Ford recommends, or a higher quality (such as synthetic) - as long as it meets Ford’s oil specification.

Threads that ask what the best filter, oil, gas, wax, etc. will draw many replies - most not based upon facts, but rather personal preference (I used xxxx filters and never had a problem...).

Good luck.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mobil1 M212A
Amsoil Signature Series Synthetic

That is all I have ever run in any of my ecoboosts

Edit: corrected brand.

Last edited:

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While it’s under warranty Ford does all the oil changes at 5000 mile intervals. I know it costs more but should anything happen, they won’t be able to blame me for not doing it properly. When the warranty is expired, it’s going to be me who does it.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While it’s under warranty Ford does all the oil changes at 5000 mile intervals. I know it costs more but should anything happen, they won’t be able to blame me for not doing it properly. When the warranty is expired, it’s going to be me who does it.
They can’t blame anything on you for changing your own oil! I ALWAYS change my own oil. In a pinch if I am just too busy, there are a few good quick oil change guys near me that do a good job. I bring my oil and filter and they put in

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They can’t blame anything on you for changing your own oil! I ALWAYS change my own oil. In a pinch if I am just too busy, there are a few good quick oil change guys near me that do a good job. I bring my oil and filter and they put in
It’s just not worth the hassle. They document it, they dispose the oil, and I get other warranty work done if needed. It’s $70 and I get full synth oil and upgraded filter. I also have peace of mind that there should never be an issue for them not to honor warranty work. Ive heard to many stories horror stories of dealerships hunting for excuses in order to not honor the warranty should something major come up. It’s ok if you think I’m crazy but $70 every 5000 miles is not that bad, plus I have good rapport with my service writer.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s just not worth the hassle. They document it, they dispose the oil, and I get other warranty work done if needed. It’s $70 and I get full synth oil and upgraded filter. I also have peace of mind that there should never be an issue for them not to honor warranty work. Ive heard to many stories horror stories of dealerships hunting for excuses in order to not honor the warranty should something major come up. It’s ok if you think I’m crazy but $70 every 5000 miles is not that bad, plus I have good rapport with my service writer.
It’s definitely not the money! I spend $95 on just the materials! Oil is $75 filter $20. I just enjoy doing it, have the tools to do it relatively easily. I know it gets done right! Too each his own.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s definitely not the money! I spend $95 on just the materials! Oil is $75 filter $20. I just enjoy doing it, have the tools to do it relatively easily. I know it gets done right! Too each his own.
What are you using? I pay half that changing the royal purple oil on my Mustang!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk