What tires are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Bell

Reaction score
Just installed the Cooper St/Maxx - only driven 1500 miles so far but love how quiet they are on the highway, yet it's still a very aggressive tread. I've ran these on a 4runner before and liked them on it too. I've got the Ready lift front and rear and running the 295 size

KenK

Reaction score
Went through 2 sets of Michelin LTX MS/2's that went bad. Tread life was good but carcass of both sets started to weather-check and crack. Both sets got replaced for half price.
Now running Cooper AT3's and happy with them so far. Road performance is good both wet and dry, not super quiet but not loud, off road performance is decent. Performed rather well in rocky, dry conditions in Texas Big Bend State Park. Am on the fence about going to one step more aggressive tread next time.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went through 2 sets of Michelin LTX MS/2's that went bad. Tread life was good but carcass of both sets started to weather-check and crack.

The Michelin Defender LTX M/S are a different tire than the M/S 2 and have a better rating then then M/S 2. I'm going to take my chance on them and see what happens.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S are a different tire than the M/S 2 and have a better rating then then M/S 2. I'm going to take my chance on them and see what happens.
Michelin only has the LTX MS/2 available for my truck, I think the Defender M/S is for 20” wheels. That being said the old MS/2s I replaced had a lot of miles and no issues besides tread being worn down.
1BFCFFC9-CD55-4A16-ABC2-8E1490C70117.png

Last edited:

Tom Tulloch

Reaction score
I've read some good reviews on the new Firestone Destination A/T2 tires. I need a tire to handle NE Ohio snowbelt winters! Going to get a set installed next week. I'll post reviews down the road.

Jst ROM

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

To the OP, your best highway tires are Michelin Defender LTX M/S hands down, especially in wet weather. They can be a bit pricey, but their performance are excellent. For all season tires from snow, mud, rain to highway usage with low tire noise are BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 hands down their not crawler tires but they do a good job in going through mud and snow, they excel when chains are attached them.

My 2008 Expy is used as a daily driver but living out here in Texas, highway usage is daily. My current set of tires are Michelin Defender LTX M/S, no regrets especially in hard rain they don't wonder they plow straight.

Goldmember

Reaction score
General Grabbers HTS60 and they are awesome in dry and wet conditions. Much better than the stock Pirelli in wet conditions. I use Firestone WinterForce uv2 for winter/snow tires and the Expedition EL is a tank in the snow.