Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LokiWolf, are you concerned about warranty issues with your tune?

Not Really. I turn back to Stock with 93 in the tank if it goes in for service. The Manager of the Service Department knows all of my vehicles are tuned. I don’t abuse them, I take care of them, and they know that. I drive them fast, but they are clean, and I have all the regular maintenance done at the dealer.

If the tune caused the damage, I would be the first one to admit it. Pay to play, and losing your warranty is always a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my tune files from 5-Star. Car is completely a different animal now; very peppy (comparing to my Range Rover SC and X5M). It feels as powerful as those two but a bit squirrely on handling and braking; but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Not racing it, just daily driving.

Sound and shifting are so much better, but I feel like there’s a heating issue going on. It’s only been 1 day with the tune but the car seems to give off a lot more heat from the engine and underneath; I feel it from the side steps on my ankles when I get out and can smell coolant.

Is that normal until the car adjusts? Seems like the turbos are always spooled and the radiator fan is always running.

5c0c1d3bc5972f2de47447383abe557c.jpg
1196296f1b2fabcb877a9a85291bb0ae.jpg
cc990b91b3ecce497f07a7aca7ccf3e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will see a significant improvement in MCT’s with a good aftermarket IC. These stock aren’t as bad as other EB Ford platforms, but still many gains to be had.

Think I will be getting that intercooler sooner than later [emoji2957]

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sound and shifting are so much better, but I feel like there’s a heating issue going on. It’s only been 1 day with the tune but the car seems to give off a lot more heat from the engine and underneath; I feel it from the side steps on my ankles when I get out and can smell coolant.

Is that normal until the car adjusts? Seems like the turbos are always spooled and the radiator fan is always running.

If you are driving it hard, yes, but not under normal driving. You should NOT smell coolant.

How many miles on yours? What tune from 5Star?

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are driving it hard, yes, but not under normal driving. You should NOT smell coolant.

How many miles on yours? What tune from 5Star?

[mention]LokiWolf [/mention] I’ve got 23k on the clock, I don’t drive it hard since I usually have the kids with me. I do use the remote start and idle a bit because of the kids, so maybe that’s why?

Noticed it after a 80 mile round trip yesterday; 40 there - off for 3 hours - 40 back. Doing 70-90 mph both ways.

I’m just being a bit over cautious due to the mods and warranty issues.

I’m running the 93 octane street / tow tune from 5Star.