What

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeeZilla

Reaction score
View media item 7034
I have a 2005, this is the mounting point for the interior front drivers side door handle. The upper “clip” broke and I need to replace this part. My google-fu has failed me so far. Anyone know the name of this part?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need a new window regulator assembly. Only use Motorcraft here. That hinge point is all molded into the window regulator frame. It usually breaks like that when someone tries to install the handle pin upside down and forces it. When you get the new regulator try fitting the pin in the slot first without the handle just to get familiar with it's orientation ( You should not have to force it to get it to snap in the slot...). So when you do re-install the handle and pin you don't break the hinge point off again. ( Not saying that YOU did it here, but just so it doesn't get broke off again by anybody doing the work... ). If it's the driver's door it should be a Motorcraft WLR-11 window regulator. The knock off brands don't fit as well with the trim pieces.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...4l+v8,1433355,interior,window+regulator,10217

6L1Z7823209AA-ANG__ra_p.jpg

OP
OP
L

LeeZilla

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the great information. This is a new (to me) vehicle I'm trying to get back to healthy running condition, and my last TWO items can be fixed at the same time it looks like. I also need to replace the motor on that same window (tested, it's dead). At least I'll be killing two birds with one stone by ordering the motor and regulator together.

Is the regulator itself hard to swap out? It's been since I was a teenager doing manual crank windows since I last did a regulator swap. Looks like it probably isn't much different than the old manual style.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, the regulator motor assembly is really pretty easy to change out. Much easier than others I've done. Does the door handle still have it's pin ? If not, a new handle will come with a new pin. Use Motorcraft parts for this job. You will have to get the motor, and the regulator, and put the motor in it's spot on the regulator before bolting it up to the door frame. It really helps if you have an assistant to help hold the window in place while you detach the regulator track from the glass. That or you're gonna have to tape it in the right spot to access the retention screws.

Motorcraft window motor:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2005,expedition,5.4l+v8,1433355,interior,window+motor,1516

Interior Door Handles:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...l+v8,1433355,interior,inside+door+handle,1288

Last edited: