Whatever it takes...

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Drae, Jun 3, 2019.

1. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

Good trick! Another trick is to just loosen lug nuts a small amount then drive car a few feet and tap brakes. Might go forward and back both. I've had that break it loose. I clean it and put a little no-seize-em on the flat area before reassembling. "They" don't advise putting anything on lug nut threads. Many opinions on that there one!

jimz likes this.
  2. Adieu

Adieu Full Access Members

Btw, if you can get at it, blowtorch and candlewax are magical

3. Drae

Drae Full Access Members

I sprayed Aero Kroil all over that thing for multiple days and that thing refused to give. I always kick my tire a few times and it usually came off. I wish I would've just had your problem.

jimz likes this.
  4. TobyU

TobyU Full Access Members

I have had to snap a few off by tightening them when they wouldn't budge buut if the hex head is good adn you can drive a 6 point socket on it you should be able to break it off.
    I use lots of PB Blaster and sometimes some torch.

I had one that we could not grip even with the lug nut removal tools and driving sockets on.
    Ended up cutting it off but had to do a little damage to the wheel around the hole the nut fits in. It was a town car so there was a center to hide everything so no big deal.

Had to use a landscaping timber to get the wheel off hub once nuts were off.
    Kicked it and hit it and was getting ready to drive it and drop it hard on ground a few times but saw a 7-8 foot piece we could pick up. Slid it under front of car and on 2nd hit to tire it fell off.

5. jimz

jimz Full Access Members

I wish your problem had been easy too.

I think the corrosion between different metals was my problem. But what do I know. I never have slept at a Holiday Inn. ;)