Whats the best paint sealant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run my through the Brillo Pad car wash 3-4 times a week. I plan on donating it to make a wish or cars for kids in 8 years so what does it matter?

Same reason most people paint their house every 5 years or so lol.

But every childhood needs the scary house on their street!!

Andy Terry

Reaction score
I coated our 2018 max platinum with Kamikaze ISM coat 2.0. I highly recommend this coating. Mine was purchased from esotericcarcare.com
Those guys are more than willing to help you with any questions.

DE Expedition

Reaction score
22ple HPC ceramic coating is great and the easiest I've ever used for someone doing it at home. It actually hazes so you know when to remove it. I have had it on my daily driver for about 2.5 years and still after a quick wash looks like a full detail.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Turtle wax 'Shine and seal' spray. $9.98 Walmart. I have been stopped twice, by strangers, who commented how nice my car looked. It's very easy to use.

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
I’m liking Mother’s CMX. I have know the guys at Mother's for years and years and have always found their products to be high quality, easy to apply and gives superior performance.

the CMX application works best by washing your SUV really well, then wiping down the whole thing with a 40% rubbing alcohol solution (buy 90% at the drug store and cut it with 50% water)

apply 3 coats of CMX WAITING 24 hours between applications and your Expedition will be ready to go for a very long winter.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turtle wax 'Shine and seal' spray. $9.98 Walmart. I have been stopped twice, by strangers, who commented how nice my car looked. It's very easy to use.

That’s not a sealant it’s really a quick detailer / drying aid. It will layer over a ceramic sealer though I’d guess.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
That’s not a sealant it’s really a quick detailer / drying aid. It will layer over a ceramic sealer though I’d guess.
It actually says hybrid, synthetic sealant infused with carnauba, super hydrophobic.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It actually says hybrid, synthetic sealant infused with carnauba, super hydrophobic.

I understand what the bottle says. But it’s not what’s really being asked here. What you are using isn’t a long term ceramic sealer...meaning it doesn’t take the place of a sealer or wax job. It’s a drying aid / quick detailer...frankly I wouldn’t even consider it a topper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I understand what the bottle says. But it’s not what’s really being asked here. What you are using isn’t a long term ceramic sealer...meaning it doesn’t take the place of a sealer or wax job. It’s a drying aid / quick detailer...frankly I wouldn’t even consider it a topper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bottle says 'lasts for months'. I use it after every wash, takes about 10-15min to do entire car. It's $10, read the reviews, if you don't believe me.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bottle says 'lasts for months'. I use it after every wash, takes about 10-15min to do entire car. It's $10, read the reviews, if you don't believe me.

Well...if the bottle says that!

It’s a sealing topper, not a base sealer. Great for a drying aid and a quick detailer / maintenance wax.

As long as you are happy with it that’s all that matters.

—>For reference, this looks like turtle wax’s ‘base’ system and then ice and shine is the topper / maintenance wax used with it in between base coats.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ice-Shine-Lock-Sealant/44621992

Last edited: