Whats the verdict on XLT/Limited LED head light upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been reading about the Hikari, Alla, and other brand LED headlight upgrades for the XLT, and limited trim levels for several months now...just did a long night drive and realized how bad the stock halogen headlights are...need to upgrade asap. We upgraded some LEDs from Diodedynamicas on our Colorado a few months back and they were great.

Wondering what High/Low/fog light LED you upgraded to:

Any flickering?

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with Alla for high, low and fog.

Massive difference over the stock Halogens.

I used to run the fogs with the lows when it was Halogens. Now just the lows as running the fogs too would blind everyone otherwise. The lows retained pretty much the exact beam pattern as stock and the original cut off line.

Bambi mode in the pic. d47b637db4520afe3ae1c986d4b4e50f.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I used to run the fogs with the lows when it was Halogens. Now just the lows as running the fogs too would blind everyone otherwise. The lows retained pretty much the exact beam pattern as stock and the original cut off line.

Nice man...which version of the hella and fog did you go with? I went with the Alla 2800lb for $25 on amazon for the fog lights and there better but not enough to make much difference when driving.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Now you need to get switchback bulbs for the turn signals...

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is the list of them:

Low:
Alla Lighting Mini FL-BH H8 H9 H11

High:
Alla Lighting Mini FL-BH 12500 Lumens Newest HB3 9005

Fog:
Alla Lighting 5200lm AL-R H8 H11

Oscar1

Reaction score
With the LED's are the day time running lights working OK & any other possible problems . high beam indicator

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the LED's are the day time running lights working OK & any other possible problems . high beam indicator
Everything has worked like they are stock to the truck.

dtaylorfd

Reaction score
Here is the list of them:

Low:
Alla Lighting Mini FL-BH H8 H9 H11

High:
Alla Lighting Mini FL-BH 12500 Lumens Newest HB3 9005

Fog:
Alla Lighting 5200lm AL-R H8 H11

Not that I would believe Amazon's system, but when trying to order, the bulbs you have listed for the fog lights state it doesn't fit. Can you confirm this model before I order?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I would believe Amazon's system, but when trying to order, the bulbs you have listed for the fog lights state it doesn't fit. Can you confirm this model before I order?

The low is HB3 and high is H9.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the model listed for the fogs fit with no issue. Ordered mine off of Amazon and yes it says they don't fit. I contacted Alla lighting before ordering.