What's this symbol mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does the light symbol with the slash through the beam mean? I thought maybe it meant I had a burned out bulb, but both headlights work.

photobucket-4246-1333391437437.jpg

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, an online search tells me foglamps. Except the same symbol is next to the knob and is lit up, yet I don't have fog lights?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to pull out the switch once it is in the on position to get it to work.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I don't have fogs from the factory, will the wiring still be there?

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my guess is the front valance has been changed due to a wreck over the years and they just did not install the fog light valance. since you have power pedals i'm pretty sure you have fogs. going to bet the wiring is sitting right there.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
98Expy, a lot of trucks came with a headlight switch that showed fog lights, but the internals of the switch did not have the necessary contacts. As for having the wiring, I would check under the front bumper and see if you have a plug on each side just outboard of the tow hooks (or the frame rails). If you have a plug there, then the truck is wired for fog lights and all you would have to do is to add a fuse to the #27 spot, add the fog lamp relay and away you go (assuming the headlight switch has the contact in it). If the headlight switch doesn't have the contact, then you have to either wire up your own switch or buy a new headlight switch with the fog light contact inside of it.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to check for wires, but when I pulled the knob, the fog light symbol lit up.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are probably good to go. Just get the lights and mount them.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation. I have the symbol that lights up but no lights in the front end....hmmm. I need to test connections and see if my test light lights up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360