Wheel Bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just an fyi... If you read through the installation directions, they explicitly say NOT to use an impact. I can only assume that they think some damage could be done to the CV joint.

Back when I owned my garage, we probably did a thousand hubs and half shafts with high torque impact guns and never had any problems. Perhaps they know something that I don't.

I didn't put it on, just took it off with Impact gun. Not sure how that would hurt anything ???

2000UN93

Reaction score
looks like I will be tackling this job in the very near future. Autozone shows a 110 dollar duralast brand and a 160 dollar each timken. I'm wondering if the timkens are worth the extra 50 each or not?

I sell auto parts for german cars by day and a lot of the wheel bearings we sell are reboxed and discounted. Such as a SKF bearing slipped into a no name brand box and sold cheaper. Need to see what is out there for these trucks.

2000UN93

Reaction score
ended up ordering a pair of front hubs from this site.
http://www.carpartswarehouse.com/addtocart/1997_Ford/Expedition/Wheel_Hub_Assembly/92-00074.html

With a 20 dollar off coupon code it came out to 151.00 shipped. If you search the web you will find front hubs for as little as 56 each. I didn't want to get the absolute cheapest, so I settled for the ones linked above. They have autozone brand's pricing beat by a good bit so I can wait a few days to get them. I will post some feedback on the parts after I get them installed. If you are about to order or buy hubs, be sure to check your stud bolt diameter. Apparently some are 12MM and some 14MM. My truck is 12MM.