When you should have bought a max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
Don't regret not having a max. I wish I took a picture of our max... 3 kids and my wife packing practically the whole house I almost was half tempted to just pull a trailer.

The extra room behind the 3rd row is nice for smaller stuff, but it isn't as big as you would think and usually it ends up with me not being able to see out the rear view mirror.

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't regret not having a max. I wish I took a picture of our max... 3 kids and my wife packing practically the whole house I almost was half tempted to just pull a trailer.

The extra room behind the 3rd row is nice for smaller stuff, but it isn't as big as you would think and usually it ends up with me not being able to see out the rear view mirror.

I hear ya - I tell my wife to stop packing well in advance. If I got a Max, we'd fill it up with extra crap, more to pack and unpack twice...

You don't need the damn beach toys from 5 and below... buy it up there and leave it when were done.

Expedition Cargo 1.jpg

Attachments

• Expedition Cargo 2.jpg
    Expedition Cargo 2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 21

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wife, 2 kids, 3 bikes, one mini Aussie and camping gear easily filled our max. Bike and some gear was actually in the boat. You can tell I have a decent load in the back by the rear wheel clearance.

I do like the look of the non-max but I have not once regretted getting the max.
DSC_0012.JPG

I also really appreciate being able to use the 3rd row and take the kids and friends skiing. The non-max would probably not have room for all our helmets, boots and our dinner break supplies ;)
DSC_0362.JPG

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
Im in the same boat as a few of you, two kids and two large dogs. I toss a few items behind the second row with the doggos, a cooler between the capt. chairs and then everything else goes on the carrier. Im glad I haven't found the need for a Thule box on the roof yet. 100% the right choice with a max, I genuinely don't know how you guys with zero storage capacity behind the 3rd row do it. I know there is room but jeez its tight.
tempImageFQDzWv.jpg

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im in the same boat as a few of you, two kids and two large dogs. I toss a few items behind the second row with the doggos, a cooler between the capt. chairs and then everything else goes on the carrier. Im glad I haven't found the need for a Thule box on the roof yet. 100% the right choice with a max, I genuinely don't know how you guys with zero storage capacity behind the 3rd row do it. I know there is room but jeez its tight.
View attachment 71873
Which brand hitch mount is that? If you were gonna buy again, would you get the same model?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 71873
There's enough space in the swb to carry most stuff with good packing.

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
Which brand hitch mount is that? If you were gonna buy again, would you get the same model?

i would 100% buy this again. I’ve used it across multiple vehicles. The water resistant bag has been through some serious rain storms and never had water intrusion. Click the link below, bought it on Amazon.

Hitch carrier link