Where do you put your keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May be a stupid question but this is my first push to start vehicle and I don’t like just throwing my keys in a cup holder. Have you guys a specific place or made something that doesn’t look like just threw your keys somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jean Pocket, cup holder, front cubby, book bag. Wherever. It won’t let you lock it with the handle touch pad if not outside the vehicle.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It stays in its own little zippered pocket of my purse. The well on the top of the dash works nicely and is out of the way of the cup holders and charging ports.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the time in my 5th wheel pocket on my jeans. Is that what that little pocket is called? If I do decide to leave it in the vehicle there is a space/tray behind the drivers door handle/opener (inside obviously) that works well.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fits perfectly in my pocket, where I've kept keys since I started driving

I agree, I have been keeping my keys in my pocket for 20+ years. What do you all do with your keys if you don't put them in your pockets? I also guess this is why I can always find my keys and my wife is always wondering where her keys are?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, I have been keeping my keys in my pocket for 20+ years. What do you all do with your keys if you don't put them in your pockets? I also guess this is why I can always find my keys and my wife is always wondering where her keys are?

Follow up to my post above....
They live in the cubby where my trailer brake controller would be, and they don’t really ever leave. I use my phone or the b-pillar keypad to unlock and remote start the vehicle. Why in the world would anyone (other than those with purses or murses) carry around such a huge friggin’ key fob? They made it so big, Ford might as well have attached it to a cinder block or a giant piece of wood like a seedy gas station bathroom key.