Where do you put your keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonji

Reaction score
I keep my fob in the charging pit, use the keypad on door for all locking/unlocking needs. Spare key hangs in the kitchen for remote start cold-ass mornings.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I opted for the console security safe to be installed in the center console. I love it. I can slip the iPads in there easily along with my 'protection' and even the key fob! No worries!
How much space did you lose by getting the safe?

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
I opted for the console security safe to be installed in the center console. I love it. I can slip the iPads in there easily along with my 'protection' and even the key fob! No worries!

Good idea. Any pictures? what brand / model?

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was from Ford OEM accessories.
Though I believe some aftermarket options are more secure even if they're more expensive

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It only took 37 posts to bash a millennial...excellent job, group!

I have nothing attached to my fob. When I do have to carry it, it fits very well in whatever pants I'm wearing. But I do agree it is huge.

(I am a millennial)

Should have been by the 5h post. Too bad I didn't bother to respond to this one.

But here goes.

In the ignition, where they belong!

But really, I used to carry a large key ring of keys. Then even had one of the two piece detachable ones for a while.
It got to be a little large in the pocket but mostly I quit because the weight and some small keys on there were wearing out the pocket in my work pants.

Part of making things cheaper and poorer design today but pockets are not usually as deep (little girly hands) and thin material- almost see through and usually white...Terrible when black would not show dirt.

I had a friend who never carried his keys and every time we would go somewhere he would say.."Let me go get my keys"
I always had min in my pocket and for 3-4 cars.
BUT with too many cars and too many keys I finally went his way..."Let me go get my keys"

I still have my wallet on me in my pocket from the time I put my pants on until I take them off and often it stays in the pocket because they are work pants that get worn multiple times before washing.

But IN THE IGNITION because cars should have a key that goes into the switch and turns to start the car.

Upon saying that I just realized it si jsut one more step in the wussification of America.
Remember when young people who haven't driven have to BE TAUGHT to start a car!!
Turn it far enough but LET GO when it starts to not grind the starter!!!

THIS IS WHY they went away from keys.
IDIOT PROOF...you know why there is idiot proof??? Because at least 30% of our population are idiots!!

Where is the keymaster?? Gatekeeper?? Anyone???

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should have been by the 5h post. Too bad I didn't bother to respond to this one.

But here goes.

In the ignition, where they belong!

But really, I used to carry a large key ring of keys. Then even had one of the two piece detachable ones for a while.
It got to be a little large in the pocket but mostly I quit because the weight and some small keys on there were wearing out the pocket in my work pants.

Part of making things cheaper and poorer design today but pockets are not usually as deep (little girly hands) and thin material- almost see through and usually white...Terrible when black would not show dirt.

I had a friend who never carried his keys and every time we would go somewhere he would say.."Let me go get my keys"
I always had min in my pocket and for 3-4 cars.
BUT with too many cars and too many keys I finally went his way..."Let me go get my keys"

I still have my wallet on me in my pocket from the time I put my pants on until I take them off and often it stays in the pocket because they are work pants that get worn multiple times before washing.

But IN THE IGNITION because cars should have a key that goes into the switch and turns to start the car.

Upon saying that I just realized it si jsut one more step in the wussification of America.
Remember when young people who haven't driven have to BE TAUGHT to start a car!!
Turn it far enough but LET GO when it starts to not grind the starter!!!

THIS IS WHY they went away from keys.
IDIOT PROOF...you know why there is idiot proof??? Because at least 30% of our population are idiots!!

Where is the keymaster?? Gatekeeper?? Anyone???
Or, ya know, keyless entry/ignition is just more convenient. But I'm sure it's the thing you said about a grand scheme to wussify america...much more plausible.

(I'm just having a little fun with you...no offense. As I mentioned in another post earlier, I'm a millennial so you can write off my opinion anyway.)

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t miss ignition keys. I carry zero keys now and I’ve never looked back. I know this isn’t viable for everyone but it is for me. Pairing down my nonessential EDC has been great. I wish I could drop the fob in lieu of my phone but that feature wasn’t out in 2018 for the Navigator.