Where to put litter/trash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our older truck and SUV's had interior driver door handles that you could slip a disposable plastic trash bag onto (like the ones Grease Monkey hands out). New door handles not so.

Other than a container that hangs from the headrest to the back side of the front passenger seat, I'm not finding anything?

Mark

Plati

Reaction score
Old cars ('70) we had an actual very small trash can with bean bag wings that fit on the drivetrain hump in the front seat area. Lady Bird encouraged us to Keep America Beautiful and those litter bags were standard fare in cars. Nowdays a lot of people treat the highways as a trash can, just roll down the window and throw it out.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our older truck and SUV's had interior driver door handles that you could slip a disposable plastic trash bag onto (like the ones Grease Monkey hands out). New door handles not so.

Other than a container that hangs from the headrest to the back side of the front passenger seat, I'm not finding anything?

Mark

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the second row bench seat.

I place a plastic, oval waste container on the floor behind the front console. I also put a box of Puffs tissues on the floor, between the container and the console. It works well and can be moved easily if needed.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Old cars ('70) we had an actual very small trash can with bean bag wings that fit on the drivetrain hump in the front seat area. Lady Bird encouraged us to Keep America Beautiful and those litter bags were standard fare in cars. Nowdays a lot of people treat the highways as a trash can, just roll down the window and throw it out.
Anyone that throws litter out the window on the roads is about as ignorant as a person can be.l see a lot of trash in the Baltimore area because of total ignorance and lack of respect for anything! This is one of the things that drives me crazy! The guilty people can do this because the decent people will clean up behind them. Lazy,disrespectful, self centered people! Sorry for the rant..... oh I’ve hung trash bags from the 12v knob cover on the passenger side. Just open and pinch plastic bag handles behind when you close it.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Trash bag over the glove compartment door. I usually rip a small hole so it doesn't interfere with the latch

Plati

Reaction score
When nobody is around, toss it out the window lol
Who cares if they're around? More fun if they're watching actually.

I spent a couple afternoons picking up litter along the road by my house. There was a cigarette butt every six inches for 2 miles. A week after I cleaned it up, it was right back to looking like crap so I gave up on that idea. I did find a baggie with some marihoochie in it which I promptly burned to get rid of!! I also now have a good supply of those rubber straps with hooks.