Where to start with rotten rockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought an 04 with the same issue. New rockers are about $150 each. Personally I would not waste my money with the slip on rockers. Buy once cry once and get it done right. One of mine is shot and the other can most likely be repaired.
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the replacement rockers for the up-to-'06 trucks perfectly fit the 07+ non-EL trucks. EL guys end up having to buy multiple sets of the rockers to cut/weld together to fit the extended area in the rear door openings.

As far as I've seen nobody is making replacement rockers for the ELs because they only became available in '07 as the Excursion replacement. Probably not enough money to be made to justify the cost of making new stamping dies, especially when you can sell twice as many regular rockers to the EL guys as they modify the panels to fit.

James McCracken

Reaction score
Dealer wanted $3000 (OEM full rockers)
I am having an independent shop do it for $1200 aftermarket full rockers and not the slip on types.

Shop name and location? How bad are yours is it getting into the frame rails?

I’m in Tennessee and having issues. I went to three shops one I would like to use a small time shop can’t do it due to the labor involved (two strokes and a heart attack limits his jobs now) two others wouldn’t do it and one wants $3800

We only paid $2000 for it so might just say screw it and leave it. Drive it for a a couple of years and sell it for a grand.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shop name and location? How bad are yours is it getting into the frame rails?

I’m in Tennessee and having issues. I went to three shops one I would like to use a small time shop can’t do it due to the labor involved (two strokes and a heart attack limits his jobs now) two others wouldn’t do it and one wants $3800

We only paid $2000 for it so might just say screw it and leave it. Drive it for a a couple of years and sell it for a grand.

No shop name.
Just a fella I know that does work. He is in McCreary County KY. Not too far from Oneida TN. Not sure where you are at in TN. If you are close enough send me a conversation with some pics and year and model and I’ll see if he could get you done.

Not into the frame rails. Mine were on my Silverado, he did new rockers and cab corners not just slip ons.
He also coated the new area with bedliner before painting so the rockers and corners have a slight texture now though that is fine by me.
Did a good job. Looks worlds better.

James McCracken

Reaction score
No shop name.
Just a fella I know that does work. He is in McCreary County KY. Not too far from Oneida TN. Not sure where you are at in TN. If you are close enough send me a conversation with some pics and year and model and I’ll see if he could get you done.

Not into the frame rails. Mine were on my Silverado, he did new rockers and cab corners not just slip ons.
He also coated the new area with bedliner before painting so the rockers and corners have a slight texture now though that is fine by me.
Did a good job. Looks worlds better.

I'll try to get some soon. I am about two hours from Oneida straight down I 75. My small time guy I normally use for work has had two strokes and a heart attack so he doesn't do big jobs like this anymore. I can live with it but would rather get them repaired becase we have two foster girls and I don't want one of them scraping their leg on it while climbing in.