Which generation Expy to add to your fleet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this applies to the Ecoboost, but I would never buy a Direct Injection engine! A simply youtube search will explain why. Either stay with Port Injection or and engine with both Port and Direct, but never only Direct Injection. The engines are designed to lose power and gunk up from day one....!

True. Port would inject behind the valves and keep them washed and clean. Direct into the cylinder is in front of the valve train and the blow by get recycled and lands on the back of the valves w no mechanism is remove that oily buildup.

This is why many owners install catch cans.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With now and the forseeable future being direct injection, injector replacement looks like a maintenance type thing. Surprised the manufactures didn't see this problem coming. I guess horsepower numbers and clean emissions are more important. Besides most will probably act up 1-2 months after the warranty is done. Ford seems to have the failing part thing down to a science.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk