Which H9 Hi-beam LED Will Fit 2016 Housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11henrs

Reaction score
I’ve got mine in so I’ll do mine tomorrow evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11henrs

Reaction score
Any updates?

I would have an update but I recieved h11s for the second time. I’ve got to send these back and get the 9s set to me. Then I will have an update. Not my fault but sorry for no update.

adwmac6

Reaction score
I would have an update but I recieved h11s for the second time. I’ve got to send these back and get the 9s set to me. Then I will have an update. Not my fault but sorry for no update.

No problem. I placed an order on the 10th @ TRS. Found an email in my spam from them. Parts I ordered on backorder with estimated ship date of 24th. Order still processing. I'm not happy with TRS at the moment. Took my money THEN notified me of the backorder.

11henrs

Reaction score
In their defense I’m sure a bunch of lights were sold. Many more people going hid and led than even last year. But I understand. I pulled my headlights and got ready for the install just to find out I didn’t have the correct lights. Couple weeks we’ll be set.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
Been out of pocket for a bit, if I am rehashing anything I apologize. The 2nd generation LED bulbs are hitting the market now. I got Moby Dick back finally fixed and am actually evaluating 2 designs of LED 2nd gen bulbs. With the 1st gen bulbs the installation was a PITA! Took days because the high beam location in the composite PB assembly had to be modified to fit the bulb. To properly do the installation each bulb must be adjusted for pitch, roll, and yaw at the bulb, before you insert it in the Composite PB Assembly. An eyeball process you fiddle with many times before you get it right and adds days to the refit process.

2nd gen bulbs require 1 adjustment at the bulb, no modifications of the Composite PB Assembly, and the knowledge that the owners manual has the correct bulbs listed, H-11, 9005, but they are in the wrong location. 9005 are the low beams, H-11 the high beam.

A total refit of the front end will cost less than $ 150.00 using 2 nd Gen bulbs, and this INCLUDES LED switchbacks for the turn signals. The change over takes about 1 hour, requires an 8 or 10 MM socket, and a decision on the beam pattern, "Narrow, or Wide." All in, end to end, 1 to 1.25 hours, 1 tool install, for less than $ 150.00. Using these items I have installed in my 2016 Expy EL. The drivers come with the bulbs, all bulbs are canbus ready, you will not get flicker issues, dash indicators that a bulb is out, or hyper flash with the turn signals. There are no extras to buy, no resistors to install. NOTE: When you run a diagnostic scan on the vehicle's OBD-II service modules you will get a, "FAIL," indication at any location on the vehicle a LED bulb is installed that was not installed at the factory. This is the only place you will see that. Bulbs are from AMAZON.

9005 Auxito LED 2 nd gen headlight bulb, low beam. 8,000LM per bulb, 6,000K Temp, 16,000LM Pair. $ 49.99

H-11 Auxito LED 2 Gen headlight bulb, high beam, same specs as Low beam. $ 49.99

LASFIT CANBUS White/Amber 7443, 7444, T-20 Anti Hyper Flash LED front turn signal, DRL bulb.
All Brass & Aluminum construction
$ 55.99 W $5.00 off coupon makes them $ 50.99

I am trying to get photos, video, etc. They will show before, after, side by side comparisons into some location where anyone wanting to know more about this can just go there, look over the information, print out, copy, etc., what ever they need. Doing that is almost as bad as installing generation 1 LED bulbs in a 2016 PEEL, OMG, that is halarious! The acronym for a Platinum Expedition EL, is a PEEL. Something Ford only PEEL'ed off the assembly line for 3 years! Anyway, getting the information in a centralized location, across 3 platforms, is proving to be as challenging as. As bad as when the PC first hit the market back in the late 70's early 80's and nothing was compatible! Very frustrating! I am going to try and put some photos here, dunno how that is going to work?! To be sure I am more mechanically inclined! If anybody knows how to connect a Face Book profile, page, thingey, that doohicky you do when you make the decision to get on Face Book over here where you click on it and it takes you there. I have one of those whatzits set up on Face Book with the lions share of all this stuff. Nobody is paying me to promote their products, I won't do that, that way I can tell it like it is.

I have seen Owners here heading down this road I have been on for almost a year now. A very expensive road, and frustrating too! I can say this with regard to LED Lighting, Halogen is, well, to quote Elton John. Halogen, "Is a candle in the wind." HID, is now seriously last millennium! Generation 1 LED bulbs had all kinds of issues, mainly with fitment, build quality, way too many installation adjustments, scientific issues, and the certainty if you suffered with any degree of astigmatism a significant number of Gen 1 bulbs would make it worse. If you installed a set of those, fatigued driving at night quicker than before with the old halogen bulbs. Or, were initially impressed, but something is not right, and you can't figure it out. You may want to bring up astigmatism at your next eye exam. This was also the only saving grace for HID bulbs, those did not aggravate the eye problem as badly, if at all.

The new Generation 2 LED bulbs are revolutionary! The industry was on top of their game. They kind of tossed everything out, did a do-over, and did it right the second time around. Don't think about this anymore, git it done!

Num L to R top to bottom. 1. Side by side Old bulbs on pass side, all 2ND GEN LED on drivers side. 2. Factory Fog Lamps and the LED Switchbacks on. 3. Switchback on L, old incandescent on R. 4. High beam installed. 5. FB profile page photo. 6. 2nd Gen LED Headlamp Bulb. 7. Composite PB assembly bulbs are installed, assembly ready to be reinstalled on truck. 8. Bulbs are installed, dust covers are next. 9. Low beam, bulb set to narrow beam, maximum throughput. 10. High beam bulb, bulb set to narrow beam, maximum thrust. 11. Close look at the Switchback signal bulb, all metal construction. 12. The only fussy adjustment. Aims pitch of Projector bulb and only that bulb. The little white knob. 0c55a08b43cb2803ad68aa4e55cbc594.jpgd4c7c60d30bb82e3faea93cee4719428.jpgd11c1bb6505f3c7d2db49218b36584c5.jpg90886ca6841bfd422c591def90ec2c4e.jpg291c748f45affe373910649d25f6e438.jpg5ea804b64c9aa629f574e583410f1e7b.jpga3f90bad40def303317d9679f1d3f3ac.jpg93ba0f5a6d460551681b7723b5e49aab.jpga5eb869fae1b3840b4f9f78d1eec63f1.jpg5b1fc1d545b5afa80d832576c5f79135.jpgbd27fa0c69ecd00ffe13da7eeea7648b.jpg0602627e84dd1cdf4d15ed383030788a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jakes70cougar

Reaction score
I have a 15 EL with reflector housings. The low beam takes an H11 and high beam takes a 9005 or HB3. I had bought Hikari Ultra LED in both sizes. I found out the hard way the 9005 won't fit in there for this brand. The socket for the brights is not centered in the opening of the housing. So I am currently ISO of a decent brand LED that makes a 9005/HB3 with a bend so it will fit in the housing and so the dust cap can fit on properly. In the meantime I just put the halogen brights back in. The H11's are doing great though. Has a decent cut off and has enough focus in the middle so it shines out a ways. It is aimed down enough so no one flashes me.

jakes70cougar

Reaction score
For the 9005/HB3 I am possibly looking at Sealight Scoparc S2 or Diode Dynamics SL1. Diode is more than twice the price of Sealight so not sure what I'm gonna do there just yet. So we'll see. Still looking around a bit.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score

jakes70cougar

Reaction score