Which Tune? MPT vs Livernois vs 5 Star vs Unleashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a question regarding ethanol & gas blends. I did some additional reading on Ford's OAR adjustment, and it appears that it uses the frequency of the fuel ignition sequence to determine whether there's knock, and adjusts timing and boost accordingly. I found some additional E85 pumps nearby. If I blend E85 and gas in the appropriate ratio, will the OAR allow more timing advance and keep the correct stochiometric mix? ZFG said I would see stock or lower boost using E85 on a stock fuel system in a Gen 1. Five Star said I'm limited to E30 because of the fuel delivery system. But I'm not as concerned with peak boost as I am with part throttle acceleration. I think I just need some additional timing.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a question regarding ethanol & gas blends. I did some additional reading on Ford's OAR adjustment, and it appears that it uses the frequency of the fuel ignition sequence to determine whether there's knock, and adjusts timing and boost accordingly. I found some additional E85 pumps nearby. If I blend E85 and gas in the appropriate ratio, will the OAR allow more timing advance and keep the correct stochiometric mix? ZFG said I would see stock or lower boost using E85 on a stock fuel system in a Gen 1. Five Star said I'm limited to E30 because of the fuel delivery system. But I'm not as concerned with peak boost as I am with part throttle acceleration. I think I just need some additional timing.

Max mix for full performance on any of the EB Expeditions is E50 with the fuel system stock.

All of them can run E85 but at less boost on the Stock fuel system. It gets more power than a 93 but less than E30/E50. In the warmer Months my Wife’s Expedition(2020 Max 4x4 Limited on Factory 22’s) ran the E85 tune daily. MPG takes a hit, but the power is definitely there. 0-60 went from right at 5 to 4.7, just to give you a scale. E85 is 80 cents cheaper than premium in my area, so the MPG loss was a wash financially.

To run above E15 you really need to be tuned to take advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro