Which Tune? MPT vs Livernois vs 5 Star vs Unleashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They could just not respond to each other. The sniping is getting dull. Beer summit and ride-along?

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They could just not respond to each other. The sniping is getting dull. Beer summit and ride-along?
Come on we are in the beginning stages of our relationship still trying to figure each other out before we move in together. Pushing each others buttons is fun! Maybe I should start a thread “16plati vs Lokiwolf”

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come on we are in the beginning stages of our relationship still trying to figure each other out before we move in together. Pushing each others buttons is fun! Maybe I should start a thread “16plati vs Lokiwolf”

HaHa! Always game for a beer!!! Funny part, is we are about 2 hours from each other...totally doable!

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not going to get into a debate on my rotors. Suffice it to say I use my truck in unique ways and put tons of miles on it every year. It also utilizes an invisibrake system when I flat tow it behind my tour bus so I’m experimenting with braking right now.

Anyway, loaded my first baseline tune this morning. Will perform a data log as soon as I can get VCM suite installed. 7211178a9be0360f98cacf0b842a7990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ran the first rev tune. Misfired cylinder 3 immediately. Sent the data log to Adam tonight. Will see what happens next.
2de187b25efe3c05bf933644c3de12d4.jpg

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ran the first rev tune. Misfired cylinder 3 immediately. Sent the data log to Adam tonight. Will see what happens next.
2de187b25efe3c05bf933644c3de12d4.jpg

How many miles, when was the last time plugs were changed, and what plugs were used.

This is why a logged tune is always better. If there are weak points a tune and logging will find them.

Did the baseline misfire?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Baseline did NOT misfire. Haven’t had any misfires in nearly a year. Plugs and coil packs all replaced (all six) at the same time 10 months ago. Well under 30,000 miles ago also. I may go back to the stock tune and see if I have a misfire but I doubt I will. what boost numbers should I be running with a relatively aggressive tune? My MAP was at 30psi at one point which sounds insane.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Baseline did NOT misfire. Haven’t had any misfires in nearly a year. Plugs and coil packs all replaced (all six) at the same time 10 months ago. Well under 30,000 miles ago also. I may go back to the stock tune and see if I have a misfire but I doubt I will. Did what boost numbers should I be running with a relatively aggressive tune? My MAP was at 30psi at one point which sounds insane.

I am not a person that focuses on Boost. It varies so much because of temp, altitude, and demand. Remember MAP is atmosphere plus Boost. It is the total, not boost.

As you push these EB motors gap, and temp of the plug matters. The gold seal of plugs when you start tuning these is the SP542, but they are hard to find now. They are a temp range cooler than what yours came from the factory with. Many people are sourcing the Ford Performance Plug sets(ZFG has them), and there is a NGK version also. Adam can give you the plug gap he recommends. I don’t want to assume what he is recommending now for the 1st Gen EB 3.5.

With only one cylinder reporting misfire, it is most likely that plug.