Which Weight Distribution hitch do you use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smiley

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

For those of you who use weight distribution hitches to tow, which brand did you choose? I am currently towing with the Equilizer E2 roundbar hitch but am likely going to be moving to the Weigh Safe WD hitch. I like that it will help me to make sure I have loaded our travel trailer well and that I am not exceeding the tongue weight limit for our EXP. What did you chose and why?

Reaction score
We have the Reese EAZ-Lift Recurve R6 Weight Distribution Kit. NOT HAPPY! It is still too high in the front even after two adjustments per the Reese factory guys.

I know my tongue weight is 850 pounds because I bought ( $123.00) and used a Sherline LM 2000 - Trailer Tongue Weight Scale 2000lb.

The bars are rated to 1,000 pounds.

I am wondering if the CCD system might be part of the problem.

map76

Reaction score
We tow our 29’11” TT with an Equalizer 4 Point. It’s ok, it does a pretty good job at WDH and keeping the sway under control. It’s the only hitch I’ve used, so I don’t have anything to compare it with. It gets noisy if I don’t keep it greased. But, most of my pants have grease stains on them from that hitch. I now have a Hensley Arrow that I’ll be using next year.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Equalizer 4-point 10,000lb. Zero complaints. Took over a year to really get dialed in. Learning to use a Cat scale was key.

Ryeguy44

Reaction score
Blue ox Track Pro (not sway pro). works similar to equalizer 4point, zero issues, great sway control.

Kenn B

Reaction score
Hello, just saw this. I have a '17 Expedition Limited and tow a KZ Connect 261 RB (5800 lbs dry, 700 lb tongue). When I bought it, the guy had an Equalizer Hitch, so I used it this summer. It towed ok, but not great.

I recently installed a ProPride hitch. I've only tested it briefly before packing the travel trailer away for the winter, but the day I tested it, I was driving in 25 mph cross winds with 45 mph gusts. Totally different (much improved) experience.

The PP is expensive - but I strongly urge you to investigate it. Totally different approach to towing.

Good luck!

JetDriver

Reaction score
I tow an Imagine 2800BH (7995lbs 32') with a 17 Expedition EL. This is a lot of trailer for this truck and the key to my doing it safely is the ProPride 3P hitch.

Other hitches rely on friction to resist trailer sway but don't address the root causes of sway. They ProPride with its unique hitch head geometry locks out the ball eliminating the root cause of trailer sway. The result is a travel trailer that tows like a 5th wheel. There is zero sway zero unwanted movement of the trailer. When you get hit by the bow wave of a passing sim for example the entire rig moves as one unit.