Who has the highest mileage Eco Boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hates any powertrain that isn't a 4.6 for some reason. The argument will never end if you don't walk away. Doesn't like the 5.4 Triton either.

Last edited:

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
4.6, eh? No worries, I won't blow out a spark plug over it or anything. lol. :biggrin:
I keep it real. The 4.6l in the Expedition is pathetic, gutless and awful on gas to boot. However, it is a very reliable and long lasting engine. The dyno testing was impressive in the 3.5l EcoB. The long term life of this engine, is its biggest question.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just for S's & G's, I've got to make an observation about vehicle "forums", ALL vehicle forums. As some know, I restore and collect vintage bikes.

As such, I used to buy/sell a LOT of bikes so over the years, I joined a LOT of forums and the 1 thing they ALL have in common is that everyone goes there when they have a problem.

IF there was any inherent issues with the EB powertrain, we would ALL know about it<LMAO>!!

JMHO......

jeff

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s weird to me that some people are wondering about the reliability of the EB engine when it’s been in the F150’s for years and has proven to be a great power plant. I was just over at the F150 forum where a guy has well over 300,000 on his without any major issues along the way. I know he’s just one data point but really, once you hit 200,000 miles on a vehicle most people will feel comfortable that they got a good life out of their truck by then. There are plenty of EB with that mileage or close to it that are still running just fine. As for me, I took my past three vehicles all to 300,000 miles before selling them. I put on 45,000 a year some years so it will be a relatively swift journey to take my Expedition to 300,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for S's & G's, I've got to make an observation about vehicle "forums", ALL vehicle forums. As some know, I restore and collect vintage bikes.

As such, I used to buy/sell a LOT of bikes so over the years, I joined a LOT of forums and the 1 thing they ALL have in common is that everyone goes there when they have a problem.

IF there was any inherent issues with the EB powertrain, we would ALL know about it<LMAO>!!

JMHO......

jeff

They are out there just not on this forum. As they age like any motor issues arise and this forum is not a good data point yet. Over on the F-150 forum you will find plenty of problems. IMO the 2.7L is not a great motor, you'll see why if you start digging. 5.0 and 3.5 are much better IMO.

Last edited:

nonsense

Reaction score
Lots of guys with well over 200k. Doesn't mean nobody has had one break down, everyone treats vehicles differently. If you treat it well and maintain it, there's no reason it won't last.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...who-s-ecoboost-has-most-miles-mileage-36.html

I thought some of you who are wondering about the longevity of the 3.5 EB may be interested in an update to the post I made back on 3/7, on page 16 of this thread. Then I had 251k. Now, more than five months later I have 281, 872. I still haven't replaced any major components, at all. It still runs as well as it did at 100k. Still has plenty of power and, as you can see in the photo, it averaged over 20 mpg over a 350 mile run yesterday, part of which was spent driving old logging roads in a pine plantation, in 4 wheel drive. It may fall apart tomorrow but.....I doubt it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ElliottM

Reaction score
FWIW, I expect to be in the running for highest mileage Ecoboost Expy over time. I am averaging about 45k miles per year, and have 77k on my 2016. I'll post updates as I rack up the miles.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will not be in that running lol. Ive never kept a vehicle longer than 2yrs (except for my CTSV). My expedition I got in September 2016 and plan to keep it until at least 2019 maybe 2020 but that's it. It will be by far the longest Ive ever owned a daily driver. At the rate I'm going it'll probably have close to 50K miles on it when I trade it in. Then back into a truck I go