Who has the World's fastest Expedition? Me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GGecko311

Reaction score
So this being my first Ford/EcoBoost, I'm curious how easy it is to mod this thing to get a little boost. There are a few speed shops not too far from my house. It would be nice to get it up there to the 450hp mark like the Lincoln Nav/Raptor.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So this being my first Ford/EcoBoost, I'm curious how easy it is to mod this thing to get a little boost. There are a few speed shops not too far from my house. It would be nice to get it up there to the 450hp mark like the Lincoln Nav/Raptor.
Easiest option is a 93 octane tune. From there, you can do turbo upgrades, ethanol or both.

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
HDSteve.....I've always been curious about something and have gotten different answers over the years. Let me give you a bit of background.

When I got old enough to start messing with machines, it was with my friends and we mostly had boat engines and their first cars, 5 or more year old Muscle cars in the early-mid 70's...most of my friends were a year older than me. At first, we "fixed" them as we learned. Most of us reading this did the same with their friends or learned with Dad.
Then we started to think about going fast, I thought that cars seemed heavy and slow........but motorcycles provided speed at a fraction of the cost! I didn't even know how to ride one but I knew the math.

So, other than the "super-coolability" of a modded truck to drive around, why did you invest in making a car/truck go fast when a bike is so much less expensive, for much more speed?

No judgements on this, I'm just curious
Lol... I have got that same question many times...
It was a progression. 1 thing led to the next after having a forged motor built for the expedition

phil2045

Reaction score
Any update on this? Divorces suck, been there. But we gotta have something pull us out and sometimes cars/trucks (Hobbies) are the best way.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I missed this thread because I have not been on this site for some time. Nice build ! I did my own build over 10 years ago with my 2000 expedition. https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/another-blown-expy-coming-soon.11485/

Built bottom end, TFS heads, after market cams, lighting supercharger set up. I have raced with a 1st generation expedition that broke into the 11's in the 1/4 mile so they are out there. It was a 2wd expedition, seats removed and a SVT cobra blower at the time, modified to fit of course. Mine is 4wd with full interior and still running a smallish svt lightning eaton supercharger. Best e.t. - 12.61 @ 107.5.

Expo0187

Reaction score
My truck is a 2008 king ranch 2wd 3v stock engine, cams, and 2014 6r80. It has a custom fuel system gt500 pump assembly custom built, runs on 93 & e85 I’d1000 and 13 psi of boost on a roush IC set up. I’m in the 12s but haven’t really gone crazy with the truck it’s my daily and haven’t had to open up the engine yet since I bought it back in 2013. Has full kooks long tubes & green cats emissions intact. The custom return fuel system with areomotive rails and regulator vacuum ref, a 5.0 tivct pcm 6r80 sect shift eps, drive modes all one of a kind do all my own tuning and building truck has been boosted for 5 years now with no issues. It’s a great truck and I love how guys hate the 3v cause they buy ones that were not taken care of for cheep and complain. I will tell you this I have a 2016 navigator reserve and it’s definitely fast but my expedition walks all over it. These trucks are heavy they can only do so much when the laws of physics apply lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpeg
    IMG_1477.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1478.jpeg
    IMG_1478.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 7

Expo0187

Reaction score
If any one needs good 3v info or calibrations I can absolutely help. Wiring is my thing I love the expedition and navigator they are some of the most comfortable vehicles to drive. So my truck also has track apps it’s basically a mustang 3v expedition if you wanna know more just let me know I don’t post much but love the forum and what all you guys are building keep it up.