Who has the World's fastest Expedition? Me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
5* did the same upgrades and tune to the ecoboost expedition already. Looks super fun. They kinda inspired me to imagine what my could be...

Last edited:

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Steve,

You remind me of a friend from the SLK boards who did the some innovative things to the supercharged SLK.

I'm not knocking your ideas or your enthusiasm.....but you could have selected 100 engines better suited to building. I build very high performance two stroke engines and when I do, I have to consider every aspect of the base engine. You are building/have built a thunderous top end....with a crapload of intake flow, prob way too much for a single valve to handle and certainly too much for your crank insert bearings to handle. They are a weak link in that engine. I know that you thought about them, because people you have been on the phone with lately, would have asked. It's a crappy job in a truck engine but I don't know how you avoid doing it.

If you are not replacing them with race-grade, use Mobil1, the 0-40.......... imho it will give you the best change of survival.....

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
Steve,

You remind me of a friend from the SLK boards who did the some innovative things to the supercharged SLK.

I'm not knocking your ideas or your enthusiasm.....but you could have selected 100 engines better suited to building. I build very high performance two stroke engines and when I do, I have to consider every aspect of the base engine. You are building/have built a thunderous top end....with a crapload of intake flow, prob way too much for a single valve to handle and certainly too much for your crank insert bearings to handle. They are a weak link in that engine. I know that you thought about them, because people you have been on the phone with lately, would have asked. It's a crappy job in a truck engine but I don't know how you avoid doing it.

If you are not replacing them with race-grade, use Mobil1, the 0-40.......... imho it will give you the best change of survival.....
Thank you for your input Jeff!
My decision in building the 5.4 3v was more of a progression. I'm also grateful of your opinions on my built motor. The single exhaust valve will surely hinder some flow. As much research as I did, I never read about people having crank bearing issues. I do hope mine serve me well. I have always used Mobile 1 oil tell about 2yrs ago. Now I use Amsoil.

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
These are the 4" couplers I ended up using on the intercooler piping. This Friday I will be picking up the expedition with a true 3" duel exhaust. This thing is so close to being finished I'm dreaming about it... I'll update with pics of the new exhaust when I pick it up
20220318_163322.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
Ya the door is wrecked... the shop has already got a replacement door that they plan to paint. However I'm not sure how they will blend the old faded paint with the new paint on the door... man wth?
20220404_111902.jpg

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That totally sucks Steve! Really sucks!
As far as the paint goes, yes a good painter will make you look at the door and say "where did he paint it"

I restore and collect vintage bikes and had a NOS tank with a 1" chip in it. I dropped it off to LRC triples since I was going up for a wedding ...John and Kathy and his guy did such an amazing job, I can't tell, I TRULY can't tell...and that tank doesn't have a price tag, you just won't find a NOS one, period. They didn't charge any extra so I would assume any good painter can do this.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really sucks!
Nice signature really shows how intelligent you are.
If you are censored here so much, (which you are not) Why are you still here? go elsewhere where you can spread your political wings and fly.
In other words, you really are ignorant in trying to get your message out if this is the only place you can do it.

Nobody wants to read through 5 pages of political ranting on every thread just to get to the information about their truck.

With your supreme confidence, Go start your own forum.

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
That totally sucks Steve! Really sucks!
As far as the paint goes, yes a good painter will make you look at the door and say "where did he paint it"

I restore and collect vintage bikes and had a NOS tank with a 1" chip in it. I dropped it off to LRC triples since I was going up for a wedding ...John and Kathy and his guy did such an amazing job, I can't tell, I TRULY can't tell...and that tank doesn't have a price tag, you just won't find a NOS one, period. They didn't charge any extra so I would assume any good painter can do this.
I'm not super bummed about the door because I do plan to fix and paint the suv at some point... lol but that some point was no time soon. However with a possibility odd door, idk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK